• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there any active members still on this forum?

RollinCode03

I've never really been an active member for that very reason, the Kansas forum is pretty slow.
any other forum than this one you know of that is actually used on a daily basis? maybe more updated info? I mean i see theres 45 views and 1 reply, Lol pretty pathetic might as well just **** this thing down and save someone some bandwidth. lol

riverrat10k

Surpirised there is no activity in the Kansas thread.

I check it as I travel to Kansas once a year. I am usually OC'ing shotguns, however. Either no one OC's in Kansas or it is such a given in the rural areas (most of the state) that OC is a non-issue. No Overland Park area carriers?

FTG-05

You think the KS forum is slow? Try the Alabama forum. You'd think we all ran out of sweet tea or some crap...

:lol:

Last edited:

C-dub

any other forum than this one you know of that is actually used on a daily basis? maybe more updated info? I mean i see theres 45 views and 1 reply, Lol pretty pathetic might as well just **** this thing down and save someone some bandwidth. lol

LOL!

I see your 45 views and raise you 710 views without an answer since November, 2010. I received one reply, but no answers.

Tbone1964

yea the kansas forum is pretty slow becuase OC is pretty much a non issue the rurality of the state helps it, and not too many peeps OC in large metro's like KC overland park, allthough Oc is pretty prevelent or was in topeka, and in witchita noone is allowed to OC

DWCook

Activist Member
I have OC in alot of parts of Johnson County and didnt seem to get any issues from the locals except for one exception with a PO Leo. I live in the Lenexa area and I don't seem to have much issues, Overland Park you might get approached and asked why but dont seem interested in fighting your right. But law wise I believe Lenexa is only CC along with Overland Park. But like I said LEO's here dont really cause a ruckus unless your doing something stupid.

Olathe is OC all over fyi.

C-dub

I have OC in alot of parts of Johnson County and didnt seem to get any issues from the locals except for one exception with a PO Leo. I live in the Lenexa area and I don't seem to have much issues, Overland Park you might get approached and asked why but dont seem interested in fighting your right. But law wise I believe Lenexa is only CC along with Overland Park. But like I said LEO's here dont really cause a ruckus unless your doing something stupid.

That's some useful information. I like your tagline. That's why I have two Glocks.

MilProGuy

Down on the Mississippi forum all we hear are crickets chirping and an occasional owl hooting. Very little open carry going on down there, so guess there's not much to talk about.

C-dub

Coming back up to the Topeka/Lawrence area next week. I don't spend much time on this forum except when I'm getting close to coming up. I spend most of my online time on a Texas forum. If anyone's going to be out and about OCing and would like a little company for some lunch or something I'd try and meet for a bit?

protias

I'll be heading to Erie sometime next summer. :)

You could always join us in the Wisconsin subforum. :p

MKEgal

DWCook said:
I should remember to post here about setting up a meet-n-greet next time I'm heading down there.
Though mostly I cc when in town due to the delicate sensibilities of some of my family members. :rolleyes: