Thread: when CC passes, is there still going to be OC events?

when CC passes, is there still going to be OC events?

My gf asked me today if there is still going to be OC bbq's, get togethers, and other events when CC passes. I told her there probably will be... At least with this new bill, we don't lose OC!

McX
    a CC event wont be as effective, no one will even know were carrying, plus for what i hear OC will get some strength from the coming bills, if they come out right, so at least in the warm weather there will still be OC!

* someone drop me some pamphlets and WisCarry applications to the shop for putting out. the ones i had out, and i had quite a stack, all are gone!

Right, we will look like the next guy having a bbq, which is kind of the point... But then nobody knows to ask and be educated on the right to OC!

Speaking of educating people, I recently got a guy OC'ing and he asked me "Is it legal to have the tip of the barrel in the pocket so the holster doesn't flop around, But only about an inch of it?"

Can anyone answer this?
    Last edited by gunguy2009; 06-02-2011 at 01:30 AM.

McX
    last i heard it was: visible from 3 sides. doesnt say how visible, or where the end ends up- so to speak.

* i like to cant and carry mine so the barrel end ends up covering my wallet pocket, a 'suggestion' to the criminal contemplating my wallet so to speak.
    Last edited by McX; 06-02-2011 at 01:32 AM.

I will still Open Carry, but as far as events, I highly doubt it. I think the smaller monthy getogethers may continue.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I will still Open Carry, but as far as events, I highly doubt it. I think the smaller monthy getogethers may continue.

i'd agree with that, weve got our social groups on the local scale that meet pretty regularly, StarBucks would go broke without us.

* it's 12:30 in the damn morning, and 52 are on our forum, dont you guys sleep?

added on edit; reason i'm up? the walking dead never sleep (but realy i had to pee)
    good night you hosers!

double added: i'll leave you guys with a joke: old guy walks into an emergency room, exclaims to the doctor- doc! doc! i cant pee, doc says: how old are you? old guy says; 93................doc says; well you've peed enough.
    Last edited by McX; 06-02-2011 at 01:49 AM.

The way these politicians are dragging their heels on this I see OC events for a while yet ! IMHO of course.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

i'd agree with that, weve got our social groups on the local scale that meet pretty regularly, StarBucks would go broke without us.
    I don't know about Starbucks, but I would be concerned about Lizzy's....

I will also open carry 95 - 98% of the time... I would like to think that the local regular meets would continue as the friendships I have made are important to me. Also, we will probaly still have common goals as to the future of Concealed / Open Carry as in any future changes we would like to see happen or any "changes" imposed by future government....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 06-02-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: add info
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    last i heard it was: visible from 3 sides. doesnt say how visible, or where the end ends up- so to speak.
    There is no legal description of O-C, The "Visible from 3 sides" is from another state, not Wisconsin.

SO, this leaves this up to the discretion of the LEO, If a person does get ticketed for illegally concealing when they are carrying openly, I would need to ask; "If it was concealed, how did you see it? Do you have X-Ray vision like superman or something?"

McX
    Do you have X-Ray vision like superman or something?"

oh-oh, i've been found out. yes i do have x-ray vision, you'd better have that spot on your lung looked at.

I'd still attend. Why wouldn't I want to be among friends?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I'd still attend. The one we had up here was good times. I met some real nice fellow OC'ers.

Yupyup, I just wish there were more of us up here in the hinterlands, and I'm not down the Janesville way often enough anymore to plan anything far in advance.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    i would still attend if it fits in my schedule and budget
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1
    I don't know about Starbucks, but I would be concerned about Lizzy's...
    I would like to think that the local regular meets would continue as the friendships I have made are important to me. Also, we will probaly still have common goals
    Lizzy's doesn't seem to lack for business, but having a group like ours there certainly helps.
    And I think we'd still have get-togethers; buncha like-minded nut cases, can't keep us apart.
    Besides, there are still all those court cases to dish about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak
    If a person does get ticketed for illegally concealing when they are carrying openly, I would need to ask; "If it was concealed, how did you see it?"
    Yep, yep, yep.
    Someone tried to tell me that carrying IWB was concealing.
    Even if I move the holster between the belt & pants, exactly the same amount of the pistol shows.
    Of course, that person also asked if I'd gotten a permit & registered my firearm(s) with the gov't...

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy2009 View Post
    My gf asked me today if there is still going to be OC bbq's, get togethers, and other events when CC passes. I told her there probably will be... At least with this new bill, we don't lose OC!
    I'll still hang with ya. I don't care what other people tell me.

Centurion

It is still a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy2009 View Post
    There is still plenty to do, plenty of people to educate. We need to get rid of the insanely stupid school zone law, for one. I thought those events were spectacularily successful. We would not be on the verge of Constitutional carry without them.
    Last edited by ccwinstructor; 06-02-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling

I have to eat. So why not eat and carry with some other like minded folks? The only thing that will keep me from dinner at Lizzy's is moving to 2nd shift later this year. I hope they change their mind and I can stay on 1st.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.