• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

when CC passes, is there still going to be OC events?

gunguy2009

My gf asked me today if there is still going to be OC bbq's, get togethers, and other events when CC passes. I told her there probably will be... At least with this new bill, we don't lose OC!

M

McX

a CC event wont be as effective, no one will even know were carrying, plus for what i hear OC will get some strength from the coming bills, if they come out right, so at least in the warm weather there will still be OC!

* someone drop me some pamphlets and WisCarry applications to the shop for putting out. the ones i had out, and i had quite a stack, all are gone!

gunguy2009

Right, we will look like the next guy having a bbq, which is kind of the point... But then nobody knows to ask and be educated on the right to OC!

Speaking of educating people, I recently got a guy OC'ing and he asked me "Is it legal to have the tip of the barrel in the pocket so the holster doesn't flop around, But only about an inch of it?"

Can anyone answer this?

Last edited:
M

McX

last i heard it was: visible from 3 sides. doesnt say how visible, or where the end ends up- so to speak.

* i like to cant and carry mine so the barrel end ends up covering my wallet pocket, a 'suggestion' to the criminal contemplating my wallet so to speak.

Last edited:
M

McX

I will still Open Carry, but as far as events, I highly doubt it. I think the smaller monthy getogethers may continue.

i'd agree with that, weve got our social groups on the local scale that meet pretty regularly, StarBucks would go broke without us.

* it's 12:30 in the damn morning, and 52 are on our forum, dont you guys sleep?

added on edit; reason i'm up? the walking dead never sleep (but realy i had to pee)
good night you hosers!

double added: i'll leave you guys with a joke: old guy walks into an emergency room, exclaims to the doctor- doc! doc! i cant pee, doc says: how old are you? old guy says; 93................doc says; well you've peed enough.

Last edited:

littlewolf

The way these politicians are dragging their heels on this I see OC events for a while yet ! IMHO of course.

Outdoorsman1

i'd agree with that, weve got our social groups on the local scale that meet pretty regularly, StarBucks would go broke without us.

I don't know about Starbucks, but I would be concerned about Lizzy's....

I will still Open Carry, but as far as events, I highly doubt it. I think the smaller monthy getogethers may continue.

I will also open carry 95 - 98% of the time... I would like to think that the local regular meets would continue as the friendships I have made are important to me. Also, we will probaly still have common goals as to the future of Concealed / Open Carry as in any future changes we would like to see happen or any "changes" imposed by future government....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
last i heard it was: visible from 3 sides. doesnt say how visible, or where the end ends up- so to speak.

There is no legal description of O-C, The "Visible from 3 sides" is from another state, not Wisconsin.

SO, this leaves this up to the discretion of the LEO, If a person does get ticketed for illegally concealing when they are carrying openly, I would need to ask; "If it was concealed, how did you see it? Do you have X-Ray vision like superman or something?"

M

McX

Do you have X-Ray vision like superman or something?"

oh-oh, i've been found out. yes i do have x-ray vision, you'd better have that spot on your lung looked at.

1FASTC4

I'd still attend. The one we had up here was good times. I met some real nice fellow OC'ers.

Wolf1477

Yupyup, I just wish there were more of us up here in the hinterlands, and I'm not down the Janesville way often enough anymore to plan anything far in advance.

MKEgal

Outdoorsman1 said:
I don't know about Starbucks, but I would be concerned about Lizzy's...
I would like to think that the local regular meets would continue as the friendships I have made are important to me. Also, we will probaly still have common goals
Lizzy's doesn't seem to lack for business, but having a group like ours there certainly helps.
And I think we'd still have get-togethers; buncha like-minded nut cases, can't keep us apart.
Besides, there are still all those court cases to dish about.

Nutczak said:
If a person does get ticketed for illegally concealing when they are carrying openly, I would need to ask; "If it was concealed, how did you see it?"
Yep, yep, yep.
Someone tried to tell me that carrying IWB was concealing.
Even if I move the holster between the belt & pants, exactly the same amount of the pistol shows.
Of course, that person also asked if I'd gotten a permit & registered my firearm(s) with the gov't...
:confused:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
It is still a great idea.

My gf asked me today if there is still going to be OC bbq's, get togethers, and other events when CC passes. I told her there probably will be... At least with this new bill, we don't lose OC!

There is still plenty to do, plenty of people to educate. We need to get rid of the insanely stupid school zone law, for one. I thought those events were spectacularily successful. We would not be on the verge of Constitutional carry without them.

Last edited:

oak1971

I have to eat. So why not eat and carry with some other like minded folks? The only thing that will keep me from dinner at Lizzy's is moving to 2nd shift later this year. I hope they change their mind and I can stay on 1st.