• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anybody OC in alamogordo?

hammer6

i've been OCing the past week and a half and haven't had any negative feedback

Scooter88310

I do! I do!

I OC all the time. Pretty much every time I go out. Had a few questions about it from civies. The cops pretty much leave us alone since the St. John ruling.

hammer6

I OC all the time. Pretty much every time I go out. Had a few questions about it from civies. The cops pretty much leave us alone since the St. John ruling.

cool. haven't seen a popo while carrying yet. do you go to the pupfish games? if you want i can get you in free so you can enjoy a night out with the family.

Scooter88310

Appreciate it!

cool. haven't seen a popo while carrying yet. do you go to the pupfish games? if you want i can get you in free so you can enjoy a night out with the family.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't have for much of that. Between a full time job, 2 kids, Karate classes, and helping my grandfather with his ranch in Carlsbad, It's kind of a full schedule.

I haven't been approached by a LEO while carrying here in Alamo, but had an unfortunate run in in Artesia last year. Had a few fellow citizens ask about open carry. Can't believe even after all the media attention from St. John lots of people still don't know about it.

hammer6

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have for much of that. Between a full time job, 2 kids, Karate classes, and helping my grandfather with his ranch in Carlsbad, It's kind of a full schedule.

I haven't been approached by a LEO while carrying here in Alamo, but had an unfortunate run in in Artesia last year. Had a few fellow citizens ask about open carry. Can't believe even after all the media attention from St. John lots of people still don't know about it.

no problem. anytime you get a free night and wanna come to a ball game, send me a message

Breaker424

I've been open carrying for about a month, here in Alamogordo. Never stopped by LEO's store clerk ask if I was military , which I am, but gladfully told him of the laws with open carry he seemed quite delighted.