• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Must have accessory for a 1911

KBCraig

Usually purists use harsh words for first of anything. So it’s a non starter for traditionalists.
JMB never envisioned the off hand doing anything.
Quite in line with your comment about JMB and the off-hand, the non-purists who are so critical of this device have already discovered a superior device: the back of the first knuckle on the off hand, in a "high thumbs" grip.

You can't condemn "non-purists" and support this gadget at the same time.

Last edited:

.45acp

The AR-15 is already the Ricer of the gun world. Let's not throw JMB under the bus by tacking on all this stupid crap...

The 1911 does not need neon lights, a spoiler the size of my shed's roof, or crap on the end of it's pipe that makes it louder than it already is....

Unpimp ze auto.... I want to unpimp this 1911.

I hear ya ixtow, while not a purist, I see no reason to hang a bunch of geegaws and gadgets on a rifle and even less reason to hang junk on a pistol. Included lights, lazers and gas pedals.

Realiable, decent trigger and a good set of 3 dots sights and I am good to go.

45oftheday

Cant understand your logic

Quite in line with your comment about JMB and the off-hand, the non-purists who are so critical of this device have already discovered a superior device: the back of the first knuckle on the off hand, in a "high thumbs" grip.

You can't condemn "non-purists" and support this gadget at the same time.

From your post, I dont think you understand Gas Pedal Grip at all. There is NO WAY you can come close to enhanced performance provided by this device with any other grip or any amount of practice. I too was skeptical until I shot it and was totally amazed.

I don’t think it’s fair to call it a gadget when it is derived from same principles that win most major matches these days. I suppose you would call it a gadget if you are a purist, and call it a good idea if you were open minded or know recent match history.

But if you are a high thumbs officianado, please answer when you think that technique (high thumbs) came in. I for one, don’t have a clue. And can you tell me which is "first knuckle" thumb or index?
In either case the "back" doesnt contact the gun in ANY grip I know.

Last edited:

KBCraig

From your post, I dont think you understand Gas Pedal Grip at all. There is NO WAY you can come close to enhanced performance provided by this device with any other grip or any amount of practice. I too was skeptical until I shot it and was totally amazed.

I don’t think it’s fair to call it a gadget when it is derived from same principles that win most major matches these days. I suppose you would call it a gadget if you are a purist, and call it a good idea if you were open minded or know recent match history.

But if you are a high thumbs officianado, please answer when you think that technique (high thumbs) came in. I for one, don’t have a clue. And can you tell me which is "first knuckle" thumb or index?
In either case the "back" doesnt contact the gun in ANY grip I know.

Just... wow. So full of fail that it's not worth responding to in detail. Not that it would do any good, with a Twue Bewiever.

*shakes head*

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm not a purist.

I just don't believe in being stupid on purpose... Well, unless it'll give everyone a really good laugh.

I'm still waiting for that salad...

Last edited:

45oftheday

Just... wow. So full of fail that it's not worth responding to in detail. Not that it would do any good, with a Twue Bewiever.

*shakes head*

KB is correct, "a twue bewiever" won't like it, but too bad because it works way better, whether you like it or not.

It is not for traditionlists. However those that want to think out of box will come to realize it is way quicker and more reliable in a pinch.

Last edited:

KBCraig

KB is correct, "a twue bewiever" won't like it, but too bad because it works way better, whether you like it or not.

It works better for what, exactly? Holstered carry? Not likely, not in any holster on the market today, especially a concealed carry holster.

I can believe that it works "better" in a tiny subset of invented scenarios, following a strict set of rules, by someone who has devoted an inordinate amount of time to practicing those scenarios and rules.

In other words, it sounds like "My kung fu is better than yours!", by someone who has never sparred against an actual person.

45oftheday

It works better for what, exactly? Holstered carry? Not likely, not in any holster on the market today, especially a concealed carry holster.

I can believe that it works "better" in a tiny subset of invented scenarios, following a strict set of rules, by someone who has devoted an inordinate amount of time to practicing those scenarios and rules.

QUOTE]

From what I have heard it works with Crossbread Holsters, one of forum sponsors, and Nylon revolver holsters.

There really isn't much question that it works better in ALL scenarios and works much better in some scenarios such as trying to shoot a wide arc of fire from drivers seat of car.

I came across some pics over weekend of European Match and virutally all the shooters use something like it. Now I know why Europeans have been beating Americans lately in sport we used to dominate, they have been listening while stubborn "twu believers" do not. I find it a shame that a concept born in America gets dissed here and there are American doubting thomas's like some on this forum don't want America keep leadership in an area we invented.

4angrybadgers

From what I have heard it works with Crossbread Holsters, one of forum sponsors, and Nylon revolver holsters.
Huh? Half an inch (more?) of metal poking out the side of the weapon will NOT be comfortable with a SuperTuck, or an MTAC, or any IWB holster... or any OWB holster, unless the holster angles out at the top a lot.

There really isn't much question that it works better in ALL scenarios and works much better in some scenarios such as trying to shoot a wide arc of fire from drivers seat of car.
Um, yes, there are a LOT of questions about why you think it works better. Your manufactured scenario right here is pretty ridiculous - why are you spraying a wide arc of fire? Don't know about you, but I try to shrink my "arc of fire" with practice so I can actually hit what I'm aiming at...

45oftheday

Huh? Half an inch (more?) of metal poking out the side of the weapon will NOT be comfortable with a SuperTuck, or an MTAC, or any IWB holster... or any OWB holster, unless the holster angles out at the top a lot.

Um, yes, there are a LOT of questions about why you think it works better. Your manufactured scenario right here is pretty ridiculous - why are you spraying a wide arc of fire? Don't know about you, but I try to shrink my "arc of fire" with practice so I can actually hit what I'm aiming at...

Wide Arc of fire is necessary when there are two or more threats. Paradoxically, the closer two threats are to you, the wider (and quicker) the arc of fire needs to be.