Thread: Cabela's Campaign - "How Do You Carry? TACTICAL OR CONCEALED?"

Cabela's Campaign - "How Do You Carry? TACTICAL OR CONCEALED?"

Anybody else receive an email from Cabela's this morning? This link is a copy from Cabela's website of the email I received:

http://www.cabelas.com/assets/cms/im...ctb=11_OEM_TAC

I don't want to be overly reactive to this, but my style of OC is definitely not tactical. Sure, I have to practice awareness, retention, etc, but to call it tactical is inaccurate, maybe even damaging to our cause, IMHO.

What do you guys think?

This looks like a complete "ignoring" of OC. They present an implied false dichotomy.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Time for a phone campaign, it appears...

Customer Relations: 1-800-237-4444

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cust...ageName=CallUs
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Sent an email.

Email sent
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Sounds like they are trying to use tactical. Don't forget guys its a $$$ buzzword. Least they are admitting there is something other than concealed.

I bet they are trying to appeal to Law Enforcement.

I would also think they are considering Law Enforcement when the say "Tactical" also.

That there may be others not covered probably does not matter because of the numbers involved. When a retailer is doing a survey, they are looking for big ####.

MY OC carry holsters could have been "tactical" 50 years ago, today they are considered "Full cover hunting holsters"

Frankly, it isn't even a "survey." It is just an adline to catch your eye, and get you to look at their "tactical" and "cc" product lines.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

wrightme is correct, it isn't a survey. It is an ad intended to get you to shop their website.

I actually make an effort to not look tactical when I OC, so for me the ad is a turn off. I haven't visited Cabela's website since it first showed up in my email inbox a few days ago.