• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's Campaign - "How Do You Carry? TACTICAL OR CONCEALED?"

cbpeck

Anybody else receive an email from Cabela's this morning? This link is a copy from Cabela's website of the email I received:

http://www.cabelas.com/assets/cms/i...&cmp=I110601A&seg=SH2&cnt=7022&ctb=11_OEM_TAC

I don't want to be overly reactive to this, but my style of OC is definitely not tactical. Sure, I have to practice awareness, retention, etc, but to call it tactical is inaccurate, maybe even damaging to our cause, IMHO.

What do you guys think?

Daylen

Sounds like they are trying to use tactical. Don't forget guys its a $$$ buzzword. Least they are admitting there is something other than concealed.

hermannr

I would also think they are considering Law Enforcement when the say "Tactical" also.

That there may be others not covered probably does not matter because of the numbers involved. When a retailer is doing a survey, they are looking for big ####.

MY OC carry holsters could have been "tactical" 50 years ago, today they are considered "Full cover hunting holsters"

wrightme

Frankly, it isn't even a "survey." It is just an adline to catch your eye, and get you to look at their "tactical" and "cc" product lines.

Claytron

i think "Tactical" is aimed at the new youtube induced gun craze, lots of people getting into looking and acting like a soldier. Makes them feel cool i guess.

cbpeck

wrightme is correct, it isn't a survey. It is an ad intended to get you to shop their website.

I actually make an effort to not look tactical when I OC, so for me the ad is a turn off. I haven't visited Cabela's website since it first showed up in my email inbox a few days ago.