• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster opinion Sorry for the repeats of topics

repomasterstl

I am sure this has been discussed plenty of times before. What I am wondering is about retention straps? I have a fobus paddle holster that has no straps and when my firearm is pushed in it clicks but had no release button to pull out. It just has a firm pull to release the firearm. The question is Do you find this a wise way to oc? I love the way it fits tight to me. I am just concerned about anti's seeing a no strapped in gun walking around.

Coach Ike

I carry my sr9c in a don hume h721 ot 36-1 (made for a glock 36). It is a non-retention, but it fits in pretty snug. With its forward cant, it lays under my forearm and is pretty secure. It you are not aware of your surrounding, even a retention holder can be defeated quite easily. I also don't open carry in crowds anyway, so I don't worry about someone getting that close without me knowing. Of course, if you are uncomfortable with something, then it is not for you. Peace of mind is very important.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
My worry is never if someone is going to grab my gun, my worry is "is my gun going to fall out if I get into a fight?" I carry a gun for a SHTF situation, what makes me think in a SHTF situation that I'll be able to draw my gun before being thrown to the ground by the BG? All my OWB holsters have thumb snaps.

for the record - I do have the don hume h721 ot on order for my ruger gp100... I've never had an open top, so for this I'm just going to try it out. I hardly ever carry a revolver out with me. 6 rounds vs 16 rounds...you do the math.

Last edited: