• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BFPE consolidation bill - Here it comes...

KIX

They look like they are reporting on the re-write of the bill tat puts BFPE in line with the ethics/FOIA and such - that's not a bad thing.

The original write of the bill was to merge BFPE with the Department of Public Safety. That's the bad one.

If it went this route, I wouldn't have any problems. Merging the BFPE with the very group they overturn a large majority of denials or revocations - that I have a problem with.

I've busted my hump trying to get correction or modification of this bill (as many have heard and know from my testimony a couple times on this bill with various committees). The only one that has stood up and clearly mentioned 2A rights on this issue is Rob Sampson.

The guy isn't in my district, but I'll help volunteer for the guy next cycle, he really is working with us.

Jonathan

Freiheit417

Is SB1017 effectively dead now since the Legislature has adjourned for this session or can it still be voted upon if they re-convene under an emergency session later this year? My guess would be that the budget would be their reason for the emergency session, but one never knows if they would address anything else.

In other words, do we still need to press our Senators to oppose this or is it "done?"

KIX

My understanding is it's done. If you look at the bill itself on the CGA website, there is A TON of activity on it, but no final analysis.

I think it was merged with something else.

Either way, as long as it wasn't merged with DPS, I think it's fine.

For the most part, we had a decent session (though very active) this time around.

We need to gear up for a HUGE fight on some issues next January. I don't think the congressional critters in Hartford are done with a few of these bills.

Jonathan