• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chief Flynn rips Concealed Carry bill

protias

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/123042228.html

Hey Fuhrer Flynn, how about doing your job on catching criminals instead of shifting the blame to something non-existent? Yes, we'll have "blood flowing in the streets" once honest, hard working, law abiding citizens are able to protect themselves. This is only true for the criminal trying to cause harm to the law abiding.

Flynn, I hear England is a great place to live. Only police and criminals have guns and the law abiding are thrown in jail by protecting themselves with the means they have left.

Also, Fuhrer Flynn, it is a federal felony for straw purchases. Being someone who enforces the law, I would think you knew that.

I would post this on the MPD facebook page, but they'd just delete it since it does not go with their policy of law abiding citizens exercising their right to free speech.

Outdoorsman1

From the article...

"The D.A. and I are both calling for a bill that has a strict permitting process that keeps criminals and substance abusers away from dangerous weapons and that makes it a felony crime to carry a weapon without a permit."

"This is a responsible, commonsense approach to the issue."

I would ask the Chief where is HIS commonsense that would make it obvious that "criminals and substance abusers" already and always will have access to "dangerous weapons" and that NO LAW will ever change that.

Wow... unbelieveable hipocracy...

Outdoorsman1

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks For The Post! I See Nik Posted The First Comment! Thanks Nik!

Great response from everyone who has posted so far!

AaronS

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/123042228.html

Hey Fuhrer Flynn, how about doing your job on catching criminals instead of shifting the blame to something non-existent? Yes, we'll have "blood flowing in the streets" once honest, hard working, law abiding citizens are able to protect themselves. This is only true for the criminal trying to cause harm to the law abiding.

Flynn, I hear England is a great place to live. Only police and criminals have guns and the law abiding are thrown in jail by protecting themselves with the means they have left.

Also, Fuhrer Flynn, it is a federal felony for straw purchases. Being someone who enforces the law, I would think you knew that.

I would post this on the MPD facebook page, but they'd just delete it since it does not go with their policy of law abiding citizens exercising their right to free speech.

In the time it took me to post on the MPD FB page, I saw three posts removed. So I would guess about 50 posts an hour removed... Talk about a full time job...

Russf

In the time it took me to post on the MPD FB page, I saw three posts removed. So I would guess about 50 posts an hour removed... Talk about a full time job...

My post was removed, I guess the truth hurts them.

Cobbersmom

I must be blocked

I posted this three times, and each time its immediately removed. Guess they don't like dissenting opinions.

All the legislation, all the laws, all the permits will never stop criminals from shooting at the police. I doubt that any of your officers on the streets will breathe a sigh of relief if a permit system is enacted. Do you think a cc permit will enable them to feel safer or more confident approaching a young thug, hoodie pulled up over his head in 80 degree weather acting suspiciously? I certainly hope not! You know full well that only law abiding citizens will go the permit route. These are people like me who don't act suspicious, who don't run from the police and who definitely don't shoot at police.

HandyHamlet

"This is a responsible, commonsense approach to the issue."

Common sense...

Common sense dictates that a married Police Chief of a major city keep his trouser snake locked up. Not hiding in someone else's wife. Who ironically was a paid speaker on ethics in journalism.

Oh the tangled web we weave!

:lol::lol::lol:

So... Philandering Flynn, Der Fuhrer of da' Troops, can goose step down River Street screaming "Ziggety Heil!" to the heavens for all I care. His word means nothing as a man, a cop, or a public official. He is a living, breathing joke. Wait. What's that? Did I just hear a gunshot in Sector 12?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

And if anyone is truly interested I'll tell you how I really feel about him.

:dude:

deadlifter

Common sense...

Common sense dictates that a married Police Chief of a major city keep his trouser snake locked up. Not hiding in someone else's wife. Who ironically was a paid speaker on ethics in journalism.

Oh the tangled web we weave!

:lol::lol::lol:

So... Philandering Flynn, Der Fuhrer of da' Troops, can goose step down River Street screaming "Ziggety Heil!" to the heavens for all I care. His word means nothing as a man, a cop, or a public official. He is a living, breathing joke. Wait. What's that? Did I just hear a gunshot in Sector 12?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

And if anyone is truly interested I'll tell you how I really feel about him.

:dude:

What really gets me is that adultery is illegal, is it not? Yet these imbeciles get to keep their jobs enforcing laws, even though they break them. And to think, adultery is what you know... its what we dont know about this guy that scares me.

skorittnig

This guy is a complete idiot demagogue. He makes no sense, and only achieves a greater level of incompetence when he opens his mouth.

MKEgal

Wednesday night’s shootout is a perfect example of how dangerous the proposed bill could be for officers...
Twice this week Milwaukee police officers have been involved in shootouts with suspects
How on earth can they rationally link law-abiding citizens carrying for their own protection with the actions of criminals who shoot at police?
Does Flynn admit that his gang is out of control, & citizens may have to protect themselves from the police, too? I thought not.
(And no, even with my bad experiences I don't think that most officers are criminals. Just enough to give the rest a bad name & make citizens wary.)
If this is all the more reasoning ability Flynn has, I'm worried about the department & my city.

begged the governor to take a stand for strict permits, mandating gun safety education, and tougher penalties for those who carry without a permit
The only part of that that makes any sense is increasing penalties on criminals, & you can do that without affecting citizens.

ETA: Here's the JS (MKE paper) version of events... has even more comments than the article posted above. [As of 13:30 on Fri., 40 pages.]
ensure that a final law contains requirements to obtain a permit... and some stipulations for that, including basic training and not being a "criminal, drug abuser or insane."
...This is an officer safety issue...
the officer believed the suspect was reaching for a weapon and fired a Taser gun at him. As he continued to run, the suspect pulled a gun out of his waistband and fired at the officer...
Note that the less-lethal weapon (taser) is ineffective.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I think we know this guy!

Posted in the comment section:

I'm getting REALLY sick of ED FLYNN blaming LAW ABIDING FOLKS for all the acts of murderous punk criminals.

Its illegal to shoot cops, and its currently illegal to carry a concealed weapon. That hasn't prevented these criminal acts. Criminals ignore the law. Its beyond absurd to try to associate legislation that would allow us LAW abiding folks to carry for self-defense with these kinds of criminal acts.

ED FLYNN, take your demagoguery ELSEWHERE.

The concealed carry legislation in front of the legislature has NO affect on the cop-shooting thugs. If they made permits mandatory and a zillion hours of training mandatory it wouldn't have any effect on the punk criminals. Furthermore, the entire inner city of Milwaukee falls within school zones, so ANYONE on Milwaukee's near-north side would have to obtain a permit to carry under the current legislation. (But I guess facts of the proposed law are not important to Mr. Flynn)

Enough of the demagoguery Mr. Flynn. We law abiding folks deserve the right to protect ourselves too.

Ed Flynn is a perfect example WHY we need laws to protect our rights. If he had his way, none of us would have any (rights).

Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I would just ad that Milwaukee citizens not only deserve the right to but also need to protect themselves. From the incompetency of the Ed Flynn's F Troops.

protias

What really gets me is that adultery is illegal, is it not? Yet these imbeciles get to keep their jobs enforcing laws, even though they break them. And to think, adultery is what you know... its what we dont know about this guy that scares me.
Yup, a felony at that.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lrb/pubs/ib/01ib1.pdf

Adultery. Section 944.16, Wisconsin Statutes, prohibits a married person from having
sexual intercourse with a person other than his or her spouse or a person having sexual
intercourse with a person who is married to another. (Class E felony)

Last edited: