Thread: Be Afraid...Very Afraid

Be Afraid...Very Afraid

won't lie i lol'd

Cops in Independence shoot gator; find out it's lawn ornament

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...72bbc9908b%2C0

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:09 am | (56) Comments

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. • Police responding to an alligator sighting in a suburban Kansas City pond took quick action to dispatch the big reptile.
    It wasn't until after the second rifle shot bounced off the beast Sunday that the three Independence officers realized it was a concrete lawn ornament.
    Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry says the department received a call from a man who said a gator had been spotted in the woods.
    Gentry says the alligator was in the weeds near a tree by a pond and it looked real. An officer shot the gator twice in the head - per instructions from a conservation officer - before realizing it wasn't moving.
    Gentry says the landowner told officers he put the fake gator there to keep children off his property.
    Last edited by nrepuyan; 06-02-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Regular Member Evil Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Crummy California the most unfair state in the union.

Thumbs down Hmmmmmmm.....

Why didn't they call animal control instead of the cops? Why didn't the dispatcher at the P.D. tell the caller to call animal control? This is proof of the waste of tax dollars on P.D.'s time and ammunition which the tax payers are obviously paying for. It's a humorous situation but still a waste of time and money. Oh and those cops are stupid for not recognizing it as a fake gator to begin with.

HEHEHE............... and remember according to many LEO's , THEY are the only ones that are qualified to be carrying a firearm. Lets shoot it, then ask questions later.....I cant ungerstand how you would NOT know it was fake, if you approached it with caution, to shoot it at close range..
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

And where did the bullets go after hitting the concrete alligator? And the general public bitches and screams about a firing range being within one half mile of their residence.

These cops remind me of those that I saw in the movie "Police Academy"
    Last edited by 9026543; 06-02-2011 at 07:43 PM.

This is evidence that Independence Police have never seen a big hard crock before.

Maybe they're suffering from "reptile dysfunction".

Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    This is evidence that Independence Police have never seen a big hard crock before.

Maybe they're suffering from "reptile dysfunction".

And the prize goes to Super.
    Thanks! I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while.

double zinggg

+1 to super

also...we shant forget that this was under the advisement of a conservation officer....lol

i found it funny myself that they thought they could kill it by shooting it. An alligator only has one spot that a bullet can kill it, it's the size of a quarter just behind the eyes, and you have to be a very good shot to hit it. These officers were lucky it was fake, cuz shooting it in the eye would have caused it to attack. Dumbass yankee cops.