• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be Afraid...Very Afraid

nrepuyan

won't lie i lol'd

Cops in Independence shoot gator; find out it's lawn ornament

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...html?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4de7ef72bbc9908b,0

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:09 am | (56) Comments

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. • Police responding to an alligator sighting in a suburban Kansas City pond took quick action to dispatch the big reptile.
It wasn't until after the second rifle shot bounced off the beast Sunday that the three Independence officers realized it was a concrete lawn ornament.
Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry says the department received a call from a man who said a gator had been spotted in the woods.
Gentry says the alligator was in the weeds near a tree by a pond and it looked real. An officer shot the gator twice in the head - per instructions from a conservation officer - before realizing it wasn't moving.
Gentry says the landowner told officers he put the fake gator there to keep children off his property.

Last edited:

Evil Tyler Durden

Crummy California the most unfair state in the uni
Hmmmmmmm.....

Why didn't they call animal control instead of the cops? Why didn't the dispatcher at the P.D. tell the caller to call animal control? This is proof of the waste of tax dollars on P.D.'s time and ammunition which the tax payers are obviously paying for. It's a humorous situation but still a waste of time and money. Oh and those cops are stupid for not recognizing it as a fake gator to begin with.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Richieg150

HEHEHE............... and remember according to many LEO's , THEY are the only ones that are qualified to be carrying a firearm. Lets shoot it, then ask questions later.....I cant ungerstand how you would NOT know it was fake, if you approached it with caution, to shoot it at close range..

And where did the bullets go after hitting the concrete alligator? And the general public bitches and screams about a firing range being within one half mile of their residence.

These cops remind me of those that I saw in the movie "Police Academy"

Last edited:

Marc

i found it funny myself that they thought they could kill it by shooting it. An alligator only has one spot that a bullet can kill it, it's the size of a quarter just behind the eyes, and you have to be a very good shot to hit it. These officers were lucky it was fake, cuz shooting it in the eye would have caused it to attack. Dumbass yankee cops.