Thread: Open Carry car trip

Thumbs up Open Carry car trip

Now that the North Cascade hiwy is now open, is anyone interested in carpooling across the hiwy?
    We can start in Mt. Vernon and drive across site seeing and end up in Twsip and do some target shooting.
    Then loop home through Stevens pass and back to I 5.
    The trip will be a good get away and will be an all day trip with a lot of good places to site see and eat.
    We can start with 1 car and pool our gas money like $30 each, times 4 for one car.
    Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    Now that the North Cascade hiwy is now open, is anyone interested in carpooling across the hiwy?
    We can start in Mt. Vernon and drive across site seeing and end up in Twsip and do some target shooting.
    Then loop home through Stevens pass and back to I 5.
    The trip will be a good get away and will be an all day trip with a lot of good places to site see and eat.
    We can start with 1 car and pool our gas money like $30 each, times 4 for one car.
    Anyone interested?
    4 Guys in one car? Would there be room for guns and ammo with that many?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

There will be room if a mid size car is used. I have a Jeep liberty and it holds 4 people and the back end will hold some guns and ammo.

4 guys my size wont fit in a Jeep Liberty. Lets see Myself, Gray Peterson, M1Gnr and Phone Guy that would break a Jeep Liberty, LOL

OK, then does anyone have a car big enough for four big guys?

OK, then does anyone have a car big enough for four big guys?
    With that group, look for a Suburban.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    With that group, look for a Suburban.
    Good thing that's what M1gnr drives. I have one also but probably wouldn't be able to make the trip since it would take about 3 hours just for me to get to the start point. Sounds like fun though.

Now if it were to turn into a campout weekend, that might be another story.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 06-02-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Good thing that's what M1gnr drives. I have one also but probably wouldn't be able to make the trip since it would take about 3 hours just for me to get to the start point. Sounds like fun though.

Im good for a weekend camp out. However I can only take one extra person with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post

I've got one... but it's missing everything forward of the firewall at the moment...

HOW BOUT THAT OC MOTORCYCLE RIDE THAT ALWAYS GETS TALKED ABOUT BUT NEVER DONE??
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Im good for a weekend camp out. However I can only take one extra person with gear.
    Well that's what Suburbans are for. I also have a trailer to carry gear in.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

I have an Urban Assault Vehicle (AKA Ford Excursion). But I'm no where near Mt Vernon.. Have fun if you guys go for it!

-Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thor80 View Post
    I have an Urban Assault Vehicle (AKA Ford Excursion). But I'm no where near Mt Vernon.. Have fun if you guys go for it!

-Thor
    URBAN ASSAULT VEHICLE?! You mean one of those evil black vehicles that have ultra high capacity gas tanks that you can run over over 9000 children without refueling?! And the cop-killer hood ornament that pierces kevlar?! Oh no! Say it isn't so!!

Last edited by .45ACPaddy; 06-03-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    URBAN ASSAULT VEHICLE?! You mean one of those evil black vehicles that have ultra high capacity gas tanks that you can run over over 9000 children without refueling?! And the cop-killer hood ornament that pierces kevlar?! Oh no! Say it isn't so!!

The only way to make a Ford Excursion more "deadly" would be to mount a Dillon Mini-Gun on it.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    The only way to make a Ford Excursion more "deadly" would be to mount a Dillon Mini-Gun on it.
    Been done (albeit with a GM).

I want one!

Also I like the idea of combining a camping trip since I missed the other one. Almost any weekend but the 17th - 19th. (Fathers day etc)
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 06-04-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I want one!
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post

You forgot to mention that I can run over 9000 children on my way from Spokane to Sequim while hauling 8 people, all my gear, cruizing over snowy mountain passes without chains and driving around sequim a few days without having to refuel!

So this North Cascade Hwy, is it new or just snow melted so its open now? I havent been to Twisp in a long time. Trying to think of some good road trips for this summer.

-Thor

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    Been done (albeit with a GM).

Would love to see one take a late nite run through Rainier Valley. Now THAT would be "Urban Renewal" and "Crime Control" all wrapped up in one.

So this North Cascade Hwy, is it new or just snow melted so its open now? I havent been to Twisp in a long time. Trying to think of some good road trips for this summer.

-Thor
    The road was NEW in 1972. They just got the snow plows through and knocked down enough avalanches to make it safe.

It's a pretty highway but don't be in a hurry. Definitely not an Interstate.

You forgot to mention that I can run over 9000 children on my way from Spokane to Sequim while hauling 8 people, all my gear, cruizing over snowy mountain passes without chains and driving around sequim a few days without having to refuel!

-Thor
    Go here: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/News/2011/05...gReopening.htm

At the bottom of the page is a link to the photos on flickr.