• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry car trip

phoneguy

Now that the North Cascade hiwy is now open, is anyone interested in carpooling across the hiwy?
We can start in Mt. Vernon and drive across site seeing and end up in Twsip and do some target shooting.
Then loop home through Stevens pass and back to I 5.
The trip will be a good get away and will be an all day trip with a lot of good places to site see and eat.
We can start with 1 car and pool our gas money like $30 each, times 4 for one car.
Anyone interested?

amlevin

Now that the North Cascade hiwy is now open, is anyone interested in carpooling across the hiwy?
We can start in Mt. Vernon and drive across site seeing and end up in Twsip and do some target shooting.
Then loop home through Stevens pass and back to I 5.
The trip will be a good get away and will be an all day trip with a lot of good places to site see and eat.
We can start with 1 car and pool our gas money like $30 each, times 4 for one car.
Anyone interested?

4 Guys in one car? Would there be room for guns and ammo with that many?

phoneguy

There will be room if a mid size car is used. I have a Jeep liberty and it holds 4 people and the back end will hold some guns and ammo.

Jeff Hayes

4 guys my size wont fit in a Jeep Liberty. Lets see Myself, Gray Peterson, M1Gnr and Phone Guy that would break a Jeep Liberty, LOL

tombrewster421

With that group, look for a Suburban.

Good thing that's what M1gnr drives. I have one also but probably wouldn't be able to make the trip since it would take about 3 hours just for me to get to the start point. Sounds like fun though.

Now if it were to turn into a campout weekend, that might be another story.

Last edited:

phoneguy

Good thing that's what M1gnr drives. I have one also but probably wouldn't be able to make the trip since it would take about 3 hours just for me to get to the start point. Sounds like fun though.

Im good for a weekend camp out. However I can only take one extra person with gear.

Metalhead47

I've got one... but it's missing everything forward of the firewall at the moment...:eek:

HOW BOUT THAT OC MOTORCYCLE RIDE THAT ALWAYS GETS TALKED ABOUT BUT NEVER DONE??

Thor80

I have an Urban Assault Vehicle (AKA Ford Excursion). But I'm no where near Mt Vernon.. Have fun if you guys go for it!

-Thor

.45ACPaddy

I have an Urban Assault Vehicle (AKA Ford Excursion). But I'm no where near Mt Vernon.. Have fun if you guys go for it!

-Thor

URBAN ASSAULT VEHICLE?! You mean one of those evil black vehicles that have ultra high capacity gas tanks that you can run over over 9000 children without refueling?! And the cop-killer hood ornament that pierces kevlar?! Oh no! Say it isn't so!!

:p

Last edited:

amlevin

URBAN ASSAULT VEHICLE?! You mean one of those evil black vehicles that have ultra high capacity gas tanks that you can run over over 9000 children without refueling?! And the cop-killer hood ornament that pierces kevlar?! Oh no! Say it isn't so!!

The only way to make a Ford Excursion more "deadly" would be to mount a Dillon Mini-Gun on it.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I want one!

Also I like the idea of combining a camping trip since I missed the other one. Almost any weekend but the 17th - 19th. (Fathers day etc)

Last edited:

Thor80

You forgot to mention that I can run over 9000 children on my way from Spokane to Sequim while hauling 8 people, all my gear, cruizing over snowy mountain passes without chains and driving around sequim a few days without having to refuel! :D

So this North Cascade Hwy, is it new or just snow melted so its open now? I havent been to Twisp in a long time. Trying to think of some good road trips for this summer.

-Thor

amlevin

So this North Cascade Hwy, is it new or just snow melted so its open now? I havent been to Twisp in a long time. Trying to think of some good road trips for this summer.

-Thor

The road was NEW in 1972. They just got the snow plows through and knocked down enough avalanches to make it safe.

It's a pretty highway but don't be in a hurry. Definitely not an Interstate.

hermannr

You forgot to mention that I can run over 9000 children on my way from Spokane to Sequim while hauling 8 people, all my gear, cruizing over snowy mountain passes without chains and driving around sequim a few days without having to refuel! :D

-Thor

Go here: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/News/2011/05/23SR20SpringReopening.htm

At the bottom of the page is a link to the photos on flickr.