• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Its extremely stupid to threaten anyone's kids especially a soldiers.

zack991

– Thu Jun 2, 8:34 am ET

SARASOTA, Fla. – An Army staff sergeant home on leave in southwest Florida chased down a suspected bank robber and held him until authorities arrived.

Officials say Eddie Peoples was at a Bank of America branch in Sarasota with his two young sons Tuesday when a man walked in with a handgun and demanded cash from the tellers. Peoples told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune he sprang into action after the man threatened his sons.

Peoples says he left his sons inside while he ran to his rented van and blocked the suspect's car in the parking lot. The suspect got out and pointed his gun at Peoples, who twisted the man's arm, stripped away the gun and slammed him to the ground.

Sarasota Sheriff's deputies arrested 34-year-old Matthew Rogers. The gun turned out to be a toy.

___

Information from: Sarasota Herald-Tribune, http://www.herald-trib.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110602/ap_on_re_us/us_fla_soldier_foils_robbery

HKcarrier

I wonder if he recognized the gun was a toy.... Either way, my kids are one of the main reasons I carry... If you think it's dumb to get between mama bear and her cubs, try getting between PAPA bear and his kids... I'm going to rip your face off.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sgt. Peoples was home on leave - maybe from the sand box where his defensive reflexes have been fine tuned. Bad decision on the BG's part.

Thank you Sgt. Peoples for you service, here and abroad.

Badger Johnson

If you carry it gives you an edge. If you carry and know how to fight, and how to 'fight with your HG' as Clint Smith says, you have a definite edge.

It's all about knowing your limitations (and others'). If you have functionalized your skills and can operate at the level the Sgt did, it's all good.

Even your best 'studio' martial artist or self-defense guy may not have such good luck, skill and timing.