• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are the Maryland restrictions for simple firearms possession by non-residents?

OC4me

Note: This regards simple handgun possession not carry.

I'm writing a letter to several congressman about the difficulties faced by non-residents (expecially non-U.S. resident expatriate Americans) who may wish to legally possess firearms in certain jurisidictions.

I need to have legal cites to Maryland law with respect to eligibility requirements for non-residents (and in particular non-U.S. resident citzens - Americans who reside abroad the majority of the calendar year).

Thank you very much!

Gunslinger

Note: This regards simple handgun possession not carry.

I'm writing a letter to several congressman about the difficulties faced by non-residents (expecially non-U.S. resident expatriate Americans) who may wish to legally possess firearms in certain jurisidictions.

I need to have legal cites to Maryland law with respect to eligibility requirements for non-residents (and in particular non-U.S. resident citzens - Americans who reside abroad the majority of the calendar year).

Thank you very much!

Can't help you with the Gulag of MD law, but I was stationed at Udorn during the VN War. You left out the r.

Last edited:

OC4me

Can't help you with the Gulag of MD law, but I was stationed at Udorn during the VN War. You left out the r.

Udonthani or Udon Thani is how its spelled here in these parts. Never seen it with an 'r'. There is an airbase in this town that was used by our side during the Vietnam war. I was hiking with my wife and daughter up in the mountains just south of the city and saw pieces of spent bombs. Apparently the enemy had stationed some lookouts up there and got clobbered from the air. As far as I know that never made the history books.

Gunslinger

Udonthani or Udon Thani is how its spelled here in these parts. Never seen it with an 'r'. There is an airbase in this town that was used by our side during the Vietnam war. I was hiking with my wife and daughter up in the mountains just south of the city and saw pieces of spent bombs. Apparently the enemy had stationed some lookouts up there and got clobbered from the air. As far as I know that never made the history books.

Had an 'r' back in the '60s-70s. Was a major US base during the war, 432nd Tactical Fighter Wing and also the Thai Air Force's largest base where they trained pilots. Air America had half the base for their black missions. Bet things have changed a bunch. Where you saw the bomb pieces was a target range, called Chandy Range back then. We used it and so did the Thais for practice.

OC4me

Had an 'r' back in the '60s-70s. Was a major US base during the war, 432nd Tactical Fighter Wing and also the Thai Air Force's largest base where they trained pilots. Air America had half the base for their black missions. Bet things have changed a bunch. Where you saw the bomb pieces was a target range, called Chandy Range back then. We used it and so did the Thais for practice.

A target range makes sense but nowadays there is a (tourist) sign next to the bomb pieces saying something about the bomb pieces being from the Vietnam war and that the area was used as a vantage point to spy on the airbase. That spot was very near a great lookout point for the whole Udonthani area. A very beautiful place indeed. It is now a park.

Last edited: