Thread: For the change in his pocket

For the change in his pocket

My new grip panel coins.

Antiqued Stainless Steel coins, I intend to use them as coin inserts in a pair of 1911 grip panels. I have another even smaller set I'm thinking about in sterling silver.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Nice!:d
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

McX
    i'm jealous, you know there will be collectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
    My new grip panel coins.

Antiqued Stainless Steel coins, I intend to use them as coin inserts in a pair of 1911 grip panels. I have another even smaller set I'm thinking about in sterling silver.
    You made them? Had them made? Very Cool!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    You made them? Had them made? Very Cool!
    Glad people like them I thought they'd look pretty slick in the grip panels of a carry piece. I'd be ok with them being a collectors item, I'd stop calling them coins and start calling them victory medals!

Machine made from a 3d template I designed. Printed on a 3d rapid prototyping machine, infused in a 420 SS bath, bead vibration polished, then patina'd and oven baked. I use a 3d prototyping company in norway that contracts the metal fab to a company in the neatherlands. Not bad price wise because they batch process with other designers work. Honestly tempted to silver solder a pin onto one for my hat!

If anyone wants a set I made the Co Creator template available here with no markup in my store, just specify the diameter and height you want the coins, pay for just the material selected and shipping.
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/25216...ss.html?gid=ug

(The cheap materials are plastic, they're available for people that can investment cast their own copies. This set was made with the matte bronze finish. If anyone wants a sterling silver set they're about double the price, PM me and I'll set a silver template up for public use.)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    that is one bad a$$ idea they look great
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Awesome

Very cool.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

They look very cool, but what about copyright infringement?

Very nice work. If Texas passes open carry (probably not while I still live here, but I'm hopeful...), my BBQ 1911 will sport some LSCDL inserts on the grips.