• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For the change in his pocket

Vandil

My new grip panel coins.
06-02-2011%25252017.12.38.jpg

06-02-2011%25252017.11.43.jpg

Antiqued Stainless Steel coins, I intend to use them as coin inserts in a pair of 1911 grip panels. I have another even smaller set I'm thinking about in sterling silver.

Vandil

You made them? Had them made? Very Cool!

Glad people like them I thought they'd look pretty slick in the grip panels of a carry piece. I'd be ok with them being a collectors item, I'd stop calling them coins and start calling them victory medals!

Machine made from a 3d template I designed. Printed on a 3d rapid prototyping machine, infused in a 420 SS bath, bead vibration polished, then patina'd and oven baked. I use a 3d prototyping company in norway that contracts the metal fab to a company in the neatherlands. Not bad price wise because they batch process with other designers work. Honestly tempted to silver solder a pin onto one for my hat!

If anyone wants a set I made the Co Creator template available here with no markup in my store, just specify the diameter and height you want the coins, pay for just the material selected and shipping.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/252163/wci_2cmx3cm_ss.html?gid=ug

(The cheap materials are plastic, they're available for people that can investment cast their own copies. This set was made with the matte bronze finish. If anyone wants a sterling silver set they're about double the price, PM me and I'll set a silver template up for public use.)

KBCraig

Very nice work. If Texas passes open carry (probably not while I still live here, but I'm hopeful...), my BBQ 1911 will sport some LSCDL inserts on the grips.

layout_01.jpg