Thread: Old Time Days in Lees Summit

Old Time Days in Lees Summit

Old time days is this Friday, Sat, and Sunday in lees Summit. Years ago it was called Cole Younger days, but those with much more intellect than I, had the name changed as not to promote the blood thirsty life style of Cole Younger. The last time I went to Cole Younger Days, open carrying, I was shadowed by 1 LEO, then he stopped me, called for back up, a few minutes later I was surrounded by 5 or 6. At that time the LEO's in Lees Summit werent up to speed on gun laws or open carry, I've had about 8 encounters, all with different Lees Summit LEO's, so maybe they are more informed. I have still been open carrying around Lees Summit, have met several LEO's, and not been questioned. I thinking anyone who would like to meet and go for a stroll down into that mass of people, we could pass out some of my cards to those interested.......
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

got to love the cities new No Firearms Signs they have at all the events now LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    Old time days is this Friday, Sat, and Sunday in lees Summit. Years ago it was called Cole Younger days, but those with much more intellect than I, had the name changed as not to promote the blood thirsty life style of Cole Younger. The last time I went to Cole Younger Days, open carrying, I was shadowed by 1 LEO, then he stopped me, called for back up, a few minutes later I was surrounded by 5 or 6. At that time the LEO's in Lees Summit werent up to speed on gun laws or open carry, I've had about 8 encounters, all with different Lees Summit LEO's, so maybe they are more informed. I have still been open carrying around Lees Summit, have met several LEO's, and not been questioned. I thinking anyone who would like to meet and go for a stroll down into that mass of people, we could pass out some of my cards to those interested.......
    Trust me...the so called intellects are idiots. What they don't know is It was called "Cole Younger days", not to promote Cole Younger the Outlaw but the man he bacame after his release from prison. Unlike Jessie James he was remorseful and tragveled the world to promote good and refuted his evil youth. He did a lot of Good inLees Summit until the day he died. He mentored troubled youth. Was called 'Uncle Cole" by everyone. He was an early founder of Youth for Christ in our area and died a hero to one and all. Someone stole all the archives from the Libray many years ago. But you can research him and still find much including his Auto Biography.
    So much for intellects. A lot of important history has been lost due to their stupidity. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by ComSec View Post
    got to love the cities new No Firearms Signs they have at all the events now LOL
    so will OC be allowed at old time days?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyMan08 View Post
    so will OC be allowed at old time days?
    Yes! Open Carry is legal in Lees Summit city limits, I have, Do, and will carry in the city limits of Lees Summit reguardless of the festivities. I have only been approached at 1 Cole Younger Days by LEO, in 2011, carried this year with no conflicts.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Yes! Open Carry is legal in Lees Summit city limits, I have, Do, and will carry in the city limits of Lees Summit reguardless of the festivities. I have only been approached at 1 Cole Younger Days by LEO, in 2011, carried this year with no conflicts.
    sounds like a good time than!

What are the dates this year