• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florissant Missouri

mechanicworkman

Ok I have been reading all the stuff on the Maplewood situation and brought me wonding what are the Florissant City Codes for anything that could pertain to a firearm. Where would I go about finding these? I have seen stated in one of thise forms that there is NO open carry in Florissant and want to know what ealse there is NO doing.

Morpheus97

SECTION 210.380: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE
A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

2. Sets a spring gun;

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm;

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

6. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

It is my understanding that OC is legal in Florissant with a valid CCW permit, unless I am mis-interpreting the codes listed above.

mechanicworkman

Now I was reading over a couple forms down for Farmington where it was written very similar and wondering if the same thing applies?

So 5. possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

Is this too also unenforceable under the preempted law?

Previously wrote on the Farmington form:

That ordinance (Farmington 210.250.A.5), as written, could not be enforced. The state has not only preempted concealed firearms, but also the possession of firearms. That ordinance specifically attempts to regulate possession. Since it is not in exact compliance with RSMO 571.030.1.(5), it is not enforceable

cshoff

Now I was reading over a couple forms down for Farmington where it was written very similar and wondering if the same thing applies?

So 5. possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

Is this too also unenforceable under the preempted law?

Previously wrote on the Farmington form:

That ordinance (Farmington 210.250.A.5), as written, could not be enforced. The state has not only preempted concealed firearms, but also the possession of firearms. That ordinance specifically attempts to regulate possession. Since it is not in exact compliance with RSMO 571.030.1.(5), it is not enforceable

Yes, that ordinance would also be non-compliant and obsolete under our preemption laws. Being how the state statute just changed on this last August, it's not surprising at all that there are a lot of local ordinances that are outdated. It generally takes political subdivisions a year or two before they catch up.

kylemoul

it is allowed in florrisant. i mainly reside in Ferguson and i border florrisant. me personally, i do not oc unless i have time on my hands because i do not want to be stopped to show my permit, but that is mainly due to my time constraint (as in i have places to be and dont want to be tied up for some LEO)

but that is my personal choice.