• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally my First offical open carry

repomasterstl

I have been oc'ing a couple times to local gas station ,but I never went anywhere that people did not already know me. So tonight I did. I took my girlfriend and my kids to sullivan to do a little window shopping and really just get out of the house. We walked thru walmart and went to Pizza Hut. Never had any problems. I got some stares but I think those spanned from my purple ghostbusters shirt :eek::eek::eek:. I did see some people walk down the isle and turn around and walk away. Maybe my boyish charm?:shocker:We went to pizza hut and not one problem. So now that the worst is over for me (far as how I would deal with open and how I was looked upon for open) My next question for you guys is Where can I offically sign up to help the movement? I was nervous and clinched my phone aka voice recorder the whole time. Even recorded my girlfriend complaining that I have to much ammo as it is. All in all definally a different feeling for me to honor the freedom that up untill now I was afraid of and really didn't know much about. :dude:

kylemoul

you can never have too much ammo. you carry as much as you think you need to defend yourself if the need ever arises (we all hope it doesnt).
me myself i carry 27 rounds.

be fluent in your cities weapons ordinances and be polite to any leo encounters but do not give up any of your constitutional rights

Marc

repomasterstl - good for you on your first official outing, trust me it gets easier because as you noticed a lot of people dont even pay attention. My first time OCing i was very nervous but nobody even noticed i was carrying, since then i have become comfortable but i will say the first LEO encounter i had really shook me but it turned out ok. Stay safe and Carry on.