• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

University Place picnic mid June?

sempercarry

Hey....Just got back from Cali/Afghanistan and I am looking to get back into the swing of things. Although UP has changed its laws to be in line with state laws, I would still love to have a picnic around here. There has been no events in this area that I can remember and there is a great place to have one. I'm thinking the 18th or 25th. Like the others, this will be a potluck of sorts in that attendees will be expected to contribute to the get together with food, drink, utensils or whatever else we would need. I had the Cirque Park shelter looks great. Let me know what you all think. I will be doing the renting and reserving so no need to worry about that.

Squeak

WELCOME HOME, my friend. And thank you for your service.
June 25 is the week-end picnic is in Pasco, so I won't be able to attend if you have it that weekend.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Not saying it should be a no go, it's just the dates are kind of hard. The 18th is Fathers Day weekend, and the 25th is the Waddle Shoot and The Peninsula Picnic. So June is pretty tied up, but July as far as I know is pretty open.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
June 25th is a full day across Washington

Kitsap Penninsula BBQ

TriCities BBQ

Washington Guns & Seattle Guns shoot at Waddell Creek

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

Kitsap Penninsula BBQ

TriCities BBQ

sempercarry has just returned from a war zone!
he posted this thread for a get together on 6/2.
he has been a member here for a long time.

mann joined like yesterday, he has only one post.
he posted his thread on 6/4, he has not followed up.
his offer of a free BBQ is very enticing, but quite extreme considering our normal meets!
QFT; Call Craig M. 360-275-2591 for info. Hope you can make it!

i would not consider either one of these meets to be a done deal yet,
they are close enough together in distance that it makes no sense to share that day on the schedule.
maybe one of these events should yield the 25th and reschedule the other to july 2nd?

Last edited:

DEROS72

Kitsap Penninsula BBQ

TriCities BBQ

I will not be attending as I will be at the tri cities meet with gunr and squeak.

sempercarry

I yield

July second sounds like a good date to me. Alot of people should be able to come seeing as how it is the weekend of the 4th. So I will throw it out there.... July second at 11am (pending site rental) until whenever at the Cirque park picnic shelter in University Place. http://universityplace.patch.com/listings/cirque-park#photo-991678 Stand by for official thread as soon as I can get the reservation.