• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks OCDO members from Wisconsin!

CalicoJack10

I just wanted to drop a note and say thanks to the OCDO members that have made mention of what I am trying to accomplish. Like the ability to teach for free. I have gotten a ton of responses from many of the representatives as well as senators, media, and Wisconsin Citizens.

It is my hope that I can ride this wave to being able to do all my courses for free. After all, this about my fellow law abiding citizens who want to live a life of safety and freedom with our god given rights as human beings.

While I have knowledge I can share, so do so many others on here. I have a great deal of respect for many of those on here that share their knowledge without being like the Anti's and trying to force their ideals on everyone else. I am sure that if we keep fighting we will get true constitutional carry without the BS restrictions that would be forced on law abiding citizens.

Keep in mind, SB-93 has made it much further than we were told it would be.

So thanks all, I appreciate all the hard work and recognition. The fight is almost won.

And keep an eye out for the newest firearms friendly article to be posted soon. It is all about the posative impact of the shooters involved in the "Fun Shoot Fundraiser".

hardballer

Thank you Calico Jack, I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and abilities to further our cause and help a brother or sister defend themselves.

You present a grand example to follow.

CalicoJack10

When I was told to "Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way" I stopped to light a smoke and think about it. lol

I am coming in on the back end of this fight, and just trying to keep us all safe. I know I don't want some bender accidentally shooting me or someone I care about because they have no idea what they are doing and decide to spray and pray. It is really you guys that deserve the praise, you had this fight going long before I joined in. Though I must admit I am a veteran of the "Doyle Campaign Against Freedom", and I am happy that we did win that battle and get soemone in there that was at least willing to back us.

By the way, I have invented a new slang word. Inspired by someone we all know and love.

Bender:
1. A person willing to prey on the fears of others for their own personal gain.
2. A person with no real experience that is convinced they know it all.
3. A person who is covertly anti gun and believes they should force their ideals on everyone.
4. A person who needs REAL firearms training.
5. A person who is dangerous with a gun.
6. A schmuck, moron, traitor, or Dirtbag.

Outdoorsman1

I would also like to thank CalicoJack10 for all he does for the cause. I have learned much form his posts. I only wish I was closer to his location so I could meet him in person to thank him and to learn even more.

CalicoJack10... I have been thinking about this for a while now... If you (and yours) are ever able to "get away" on "vacation" (you and yours) are welcome in my home anytime for as long as you are able to stay. I am single and work full time 1st shift so you would literally have the plase to yourself(s) 90% of the time.

I live in (on) Sliver Lake, WI in Kenosha county. This is close to the Starbucks in Delavan and real close to Lizzy's Green Cafe both of which have excellent meets regularly. Also, if you happen fo be a fisherman, I can offer you some great fishing as well as the use of my boat to acees the water. I am also a member of a sportmans club within 3 miles of my house that offers trap, archery, and pistol shooting ranges.

Perhaps you could combine a "vacation" with some of your classes for us "southern folks". I am sure I could arrange the use of the club for any classes... And I am also confident that anyone around here would be happy to pay for your instruction...

Just an offer of appreciation for all you do and have done (military service) as well as a bit of "selfishness" to be able to "take advantage" of your knowledge and willingmess to help others.

Recent family commitments (taking care of elderly aunt) prohibit me from traveling far for extended periods of time or else I would have already been in your area for your classes...

Outdoorsman1

PS: If you want a "REAL" vacation my offer stands without you offering any classes....

Last edited:

protias

When I was told to "Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way" I stopped to light a smoke and think about it. lol

I am coming in on the back end of this fight, and just trying to keep us all safe. I know I don't want some bender accidentally shooting me or someone I care about because they have no idea what they are doing and decide to spray and pray. It is really you guys that deserve the praise, you had this fight going long before I joined in. Though I must admit I am a veteran of the "Doyle Campaign Against Freedom", and I am happy that we did win that battle and get soemone in there that was at least willing to back us.

By the way, I have invented a new slang word. Inspired by someone we all know and love.

Bender:
3. A person who is covertly anti gun and believes they should force their ideals on everyone.

It doesn't matter if you are first or last, what matters is you joined the fight. ;)

bigdaddy1

I'll sign up, when do we start? You train me, I will train others and soon the "training" issue will be null and void.

Last edited:

hardballer

Bender:

Great word. I'll remember that...

CalicoJack10

I'll sign up, when do we start? You train me, I will train others and soon the "training" issue will be null and void.

I havE been building an instructors corriculum that makes even the advanced courses look like something written by a 3 year old. And that is just the basic instructors package. I will keep working hard on that and as it develops I will keep everyone posted.

And at hardballer's suggestion I will be building a "Myths of self defense" seminar for the OC day in Alma. Again, I will do it for free, and the details will be worked out soon.