Thread: qustion about parking lots

qustion about parking lots

I just moved to Battle Mountain to start a ranch, while I'm paying off the land and getting my ranch started, I needed to work for someone for funding. The company I will be working for contracts with the gold mines, so I understand them saying no firearms in co. vehicles, but in the rules it said no firearms in our private vehicle's in co. parking lot. Can someone tell me if in NV. they can do that, I thought NV. had a parking lot law. Thanks for any help with this.
    Last edited by rickc1962; 06-02-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickc1962 View Post
    I just moved to Battle Mountain to start a ranch, while I'm paying off the land and getting my ranch started, I needed to work for someone for funding. The company I will be working for contracts with the gold mines, so I understand them saying no firearms in co. vehicles, but in the rules it said no firearms in our private vehicle's in co. parking lot. Can someone tell me if in NV. they can do that, I thought NV. had a parking lot law. Thanks for any help with this.
    Can you park off company property without being too conspicuous?

Quote Originally Posted by AmbushBug View Post
    Can you park off company property without being too conspicuous?
    I'm not sure, but probaly.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickc1962 View Post
    NV doesn't have any law that requires companies to allow guns in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Felid`Maximus View Post
    NV doesn't have any law that requires companies to allow guns in the parking lot.
    Thank You, now I need to decide whether or not I will park off property and walk.

It does sound like we need to work on this with our elected officials.

Activist Member
    Nevada law also does not make it a crime to possess a gun in violation of the policy of a private facility... although you could be fired and required to leave the premises if asked.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 06-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Are they searching vehicles in the parking lot? If so that is the greater concern. Me, I'd keep my mouth shut and leave my firearm locked in a safe in the car. What they don't know won't hurt them.

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Are they searching vehicles in the parking lot? If so that is the greater concern. Me, I'd keep my mouth shut and leave my firearm locked in a safe in the car. What they don't know won't hurt them.

TBG
    Thy don't have a policy on that, and I'm not really concerned except, Battle Mountain only has about 3000 people and I open carry everywhere I go, so my thoughts are that they will put 2 and 2 together. I do not want to loose my job, but it is just a two to three year thing until I can get my small ranch making money, and then I don't care.

I thank everyone for their help, and look forward to a long stay, and working with my local legislators with preserving our gun rights and western way of life