Thread: Walker belives there is going to be a permit

Walker belives there is going to be a permit

"I think in the end, what he talked about yesterday is what we're going to get on my desk. We've talked with lawmakers the last couple of weeks about that. In the past, the legislature has passed a bill that included a permit and some sort of training component. That passed overwhelmingly. In fact, had not one of the lawmakers from Northern Wisconsin switched his vote, that would be the law right now, because it had broad-based, bipartisan support.

"What my belief is, though nothing is certain until you see the bill, my belief is that we'll have a similar measure passed with both a permit and some sort of a training component, and I think that's what this police chief was talking about."

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/123095613.html
    Last edited by turbojohn41; 06-03-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Link?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I think it may be part of his job creation mandate. He may claim that every firearms instructor will be a job he created.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-03-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Rino?

Walker wants training and permits per The Journal. Hopefully he won't veto SB 93 when/if it gets to his desk. Looks like Nik already posted a comment on the article. Thanks Nik!
    I wonder if Flynn is making such a big stink about this to draw attention away from his affair with Boucher's wife?

Sb-93

I heard that Walker will sign whatever bill for Constitutional Carry/conceal carry gets to his desk. SB-93 has jumped one hurdle by a vote of 3-2 in favor. Two more to go (I think)

Tony

sellout son of unmarried parents & the female was a dog!

Can I say that here? Is it sufficiently non-cussing?
    'Cause I really wanna cuss right about now.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...123110233.html
    Months ago, a Walker aide said Walker would sign any concealed carry legislation that got to him, but that was before the idea of "constitutional carry" had been proposed.
    LIES!!!
    It's in the Republican party platform that he ran on last year!

Gov. Scott Walker said Friday the measure should include requirements that people obtain permits and get training.
    "If a concealed carry bill reaches my desk, it should include a permit and training provisions."
    Sellout. Where's that recall petition?
    Or can we believe that he's just posturing, & will do what he's promised so many times?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Flynn
    Public safety requires a permitting process assuring that only the law-abiding and competent carry a concealed weapon.

How can he be so stupid?
    The law won't affect criminals at all.
    Other states w/ CC don't have problems from it.
    We have OC w/ no permit or training & there aren't problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

How can he be so stupid?

Careful breeding?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-04-2011 at 01:46 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Not stupid, just a coward. May he go the way of all cowards....
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

The Fitz brothers will make sure he gets a bill with permits and training, that he can be innocent of it. "See, I said I would sign whatever gets to my desk", making sure only permits and training gets to his desk.

RECALL WALKER and the FITZGERALDS. Any Republican that votes for permits and training.

WTF are they thinking? Facing a firestorm of recall elections and you pizz on the Rebulican Platform and pizz off Republicans. Stupidity.

haha they are not going to let any bill hit the senate until after the recalls are done and over with...so if you recall them you won't get any CC...they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    haha they are not going to let any bill hit the senate until after the recalls are done and over with...so if you recall them you won't get any CC...they know what they are doing.
    Where are you gettting your information?