• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the NRA helping?

MR Redenck

I recently started reading about the attempt to ban open carry in California and looked for information to oppose the effort.
What I didn't find is any information about the NRA's activity to oppose the effort to ban open carry.
Is the NRA doing anything to help protect the right to open carry in California?

puppy8agun

NRA is up there on a regular basis with me. I run into him some of the times I am there. They have their attorneys involved in this and will be helping all the way this time in a very active manner.

They yielded to us on one point and I yielded to his attorney at another via GOC. We are all working hard and together this year. All the gun groups get along to some point, we just have strategic differences at times.