• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Movie Theater Open Carry

HYRYSC

I don't go to movies very often, but I am thinking about taking my 10 year old to see the newest "Xmen" movie tonight. I have never open carried in a movie theater and wonder if anyone else here has? i do know that there are no signs posted, but was just wondering about it.

Big Boy

Yep same as anywhere else.

I mean...no! Don't take your weapon in there. Obviously you'll hear gun shots in the movie and start shooting like a wild man! :p

sohighlyunlikely

I don't go to movies very often, but I am thinking about taking my 10 year old to see the newest "Xmen" movie tonight. I have never open carried in a movie theater and wonder if anyone else here has? i do know that there are no signs posted, but was just wondering about it.

I have been to the movies while OC in St Charles. There was a cop working off duty at one. He had a bit of an attitude about it but didn't cause a problem. I would say there is a chance for you to get a denial of services. So be prepared for that.

Doc

Badger Johnson

Why not OC, then if stopped and it's not a real LEO, ignore him or ask 'am I being detained...under what authority'. If he say you have to conceal, thank him and pull your jacket over it, then when out of his view, go back to OC.

If asked to take the gun to the car, say OK and then conceal it and come back in.

The security guys are usually Rent-a-Cops so there's no point in making political statements, just work around them.

$.02

Richieg150

Why not OC, then if stopped and it's not a real LEO, ignore him or ask 'am I being detained...under what authority'. If he say you have to conceal, thank him and pull your jacket over it.....
$.02

Make sure you have a CCW if you do this, it would not surprise me, after telling you, you had to conceal, asking you for your CCW permit.

patriotthad

There is a case out of New Mexico that is ideal for your question. It was two years ago? A man enters a movie OCing, cops remove him and etc. etc. goes to federal court. Look it up.