Thread: Android voice recorder

Unhappy Android voice recorder

There is so many Apps on the android market, were can I find the best free App for Cop recording?
    Thanks

Cop recorder..

My build of Android also came with a standard audio recorder app as well. Not sure if its on the marketplace or not.

Also, the video camera app that is in most phones usually works wonderfully. When I am out with my wife, she knows that during any sort of LEO encounter or otherwise, to whip out her phone can get video.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    There is so many Apps on the android market, were can I find the best free App for Cop recording?
    Thanks
    I downloaded QIK to my android phone and it works great. With the QIK icon on the home page I can initiate instant video/audio recording that streams to the internet, thus preventing the "accidental" deletion ...

Seems to work quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I downloaded QIK to my android phone and it works great. With the QIK icon on the home page I can initiate instant video/audio recording that streams to the internet, thus preventing the "accidental" deletion ...

Seems to work quite well.
    What happens with Qik if you start a recording, then your phone is taken away?

Is it possible to delete an in-progress video recording (which is streaming to the web/to a server) if an unauthorized individual attempts to do so?

Have you found any better products since your post?

my droid has the pattern screen lock activated after 30 seconds and the app continues to function in the background (or did during my test). so your fone would have to be 'accidently' broken or have the battery removed to stop the app...

wabbit

ps: you do have a screen pattern lock on your fone that automatically activates after a period of time right?
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Cop recorder..
    +1

Cop Recorder II, actually.

I have it running EVERY time I carry a firearm in public.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

To emphasize:

You need to have your recorder RUNNING when you're carrying.

That ensures that:
    1. The cop doesn't know that it's running.
    2. You don't make any "furtive movements".

Ohio is a one party consent state. I can record any conversation to which I'm a party, and without the knowledge or consent of any other party.
    Last edited by Deanimator; 09-24-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: losy speelin
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

This would work well in Washington. We have the "reasonable expectation of privacy" law. A cop in public has no reasonable expectation of privacy.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I would also suggest encrypting your sim card and turn the USB port to "off". Along with the screen pattern, you have a reasonably good chance to keep someone from connecting the phone to a pc and pulling/deleting contents.
    Last edited by carolina guy; 09-24-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.