• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Android voice recorder

phoneguy

There is so many Apps on the android market, were can I find the best free App for Cop recording?
Thanks

VW_Factor

Cop recorder..

My build of Android also came with a standard audio recorder app as well. Not sure if its on the marketplace or not.

Also, the video camera app that is in most phones usually works wonderfully. When I am out with my wife, she knows that during any sort of LEO encounter or otherwise, to whip out her phone can get video. :)

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
There is so many Apps on the android market, were can I find the best free App for Cop recording?
Thanks

I downloaded QIK to my android phone and it works great. With the QIK icon on the home page I can initiate instant video/audio recording that streams to the internet, thus preventing the "accidental" deletion ...

Seems to work quite well.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I downloaded QIK to my android phone and it works great. With the QIK icon on the home page I can initiate instant video/audio recording that streams to the internet, thus preventing the "accidental" deletion ...

Seems to work quite well.
What happens with Qik if you start a recording, then your phone is taken away?

Is it possible to delete an in-progress video recording (which is streaming to the web/to a server) if an unauthorized individual attempts to do so?

Have you found any better products since your post?

ncwabbit

my droid has the pattern screen lock activated after 30 seconds and the app continues to function in the background (or did during my test). so your fone would have to be 'accidently' broken or have the battery removed to stop the app...

wabbit

ps: you do have a screen pattern lock on your fone that automatically activates after a period of time right?

Deanimator

To emphasize:

You need to have your recorder RUNNING when you're carrying.

That ensures that:
  1. The cop doesn't know that it's running.
  2. You don't make any "furtive movements".

Ohio is a one party consent state. I can record any conversation to which I'm a party, and without the knowledge or consent of any other party.

Last edited:

carolina guy

I would also suggest encrypting your sim card and turn the USB port to "off". Along with the screen pattern, you have a reasonably good chance to keep someone from connecting the phone to a pc and pulling/deleting contents.

Last edited: