• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walker either caved or betrayed us

BJA

Campaign Veteran
Walker = flake......Hmmm and I wanted to stay in Wisconsin after I finished college...... Just another reason to rape this resident tuition and possibly move out of state for a job.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Recall walker

I will sign that petition. Any Rep. that votes to ammend SSA1-SB93 to include a required permit and training should have cross hairs on them from the Tea Party. The Tea Party is not about beating Democrats, it's about keeping Republicans accountable.

If they want to mandate permits, then they should be FREE. Just like ID's for voting. To make the Voter ID bill constitional, they had to make ID's available for FREE. I think NRA, WCI, WGO, etc. (screw Gene German) should be poised to file a lawsuit the day Walker signs the bill on CONSITUTIONAL grounds. If they mandate training, is should be $10 just like Hunters Safety.

I was a huge fan of Walker until this.

Jesse

I have been reading posts here for quite some time but just registered now so I could chime in on this bit. I fully support Constitutional Carry just so we have that straight. I just want to clarify that this is nothing new, Walker has said numerous times over the past several years that he prefers there be permitting and training, what he has not said is that he would veto anything that does not contain those items.

Instead of getting riled up and abandoning ship maybe our time would be better spent sending messages and emails stating that we fully expect him to support whatever bill is presented to him and focus our real energy letting our representatives know what it is that we expect them to present to him for signing.

Oh, and awesome forum here.. looking forward to more actively participating :)

BROKENSPROKET

I have been reading posts here for quite some time but just registered now so I could chime in on this bit. I fully support Constitutional Carry just so we have that straight. I just want to clarify that this is nothing new, Walker has said numerous times over the past several years that he prefers there be permitting and training, what he has not said is that he would veto anything that does not contain those items.

Instead of getting riled up and abandoning ship maybe our time would be better spent sending messages and emails stating that we fully expect him to support whatever bill is presented to him and focus our real energy letting our representatives know what it is that we expect them to present to him for signing.

PREFERS? That is not what he is saying now. He wants whatever bill that gets to his desk to include mandated permit and training. The underlying tone is that he will veto Constitutional Carry.

Like I said, I was a big fan of Wlaker, but I also loved my wife, until I caught her in bed with another man. Betrayal is Betrayal.

Outdoorsman1

Makes sense...

Outdoorsman1

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Walker is just another Career Politician, you can not believe a word any of them say. He also lost my vote he should be attempting to keep voters on his side since the recall is coming for him soon.

markush

Yeah that!
If everyone jumps ship and helps to get him recalled what are the chances of any form of CC?

HandyHamlet

I'd say pretty good.

If we all band together and vote the traitors out every election we will send a crystal clear massage they eventually won't be able to deny.

They work for us.

HandyHamlet

Differences?

We are on the same page 99% of the time. The other 1% is my male menopause acting up.

:cool:

You really might have to rethink the avatar though... I hope not, but...

Last edited:

Zeus

I was so pissed when I read this. We'll see how it plays out but I will be first in line to vote his ass out in a recall if he pulls this permit/training crap. I don't think these ass clown politicians have any idea how many people are on their last fricking straw with all their BS. Who do they think they will be governing when everyone leaves this state and moves to Utah? I'll have to cool down considerably before I write or call. :cuss:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Ya'll were surprised at this?

What's even more disgusting about the situation is that some of you will still vote for him because he "busted up the public employee unions", which means your priorities are messed up. Protection of your own life and life of your family is more important than things like money. If they wanted this really passed it would have before the "budget repair" bill. Doing it out of turn which is what screwed us.

Gray

Jesse

Before "burning down the house" people might want to wait and see what actually happens. A statement that is made means little to nothing... He has stated several times over the last few years that he personally prefers a bill with permits and training... oh well... I will allow him time to make his decision, I will make sure my representatives know what I want, I will let them work their end of things and then, when a bill ends up ready for Walker to sign I will base my opinion of him on whether he signs it or vetos it.

Over reacting or making hasty angry decisions usually doesn't do anyone any good, recall walker and what?? end up with someone like Doyle???

apierce918

I'm not making any radical decisions yet, all we know is that he prefers permits and training.

If the bill is ammended to include those things (which wont surprise me, I dont care what online polls say I think general population kneejerk reaction wants the feel good permits and training based on people I've talked to face to face. If you don't think online polls are garbage you are delusional when pro gun forums and groups trying to get everyone and their mother to vote their way on the PC's and phones...c'mon, I know if they were reversed though they would use it as concrete evidence) and he signs it, i'm not holding it against him.

If the bill gets to him without that crap, and he vetoes it, that is when I have an issue with it. I really dont think he will, because he would be alienating a large part of his current supporters and he knows that. I just think it is less and less likely that

He can backpedal all he wants and say that he said he would sign anything before he heard of constitutional carry, but Nik Clark talked to him in person and if Walker didnt know what constitutional carry was, maybe he shouldn't have made a promise.

So one step at a time, and the next step is a full senate vote.

anmut

Governor Walker -

I wrote you multiple emails during the union protests this spring in support of what you were doing. I supported you because you were against further taxes and additional government.

Now I've read that you will only support a Concealed Carry bill if it caves into what Chief Flynn expects, mandatory training and a permit system.

Sir, training & permits = taxes and bureaucracy!

Please don't alienate your true conservative bases by caving into this fear mongering by the liberals. Four states have a no-permit Constitutional Carry system already and Wisconsin should be the fifth. Please do not sell out our rights!