• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 6/4. 9:30 AM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 6/4. 9:30 AM

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95.................. Get directions
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

Be sure to bring your decoder ring so that you may understand the conversation. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm not going back to the farm until next week so I'll be there.
Maybe the ketchup will explode.:uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm not going back to the farm until next week so I'll be there.
Maybe the ketchup will explode.:uhoh:

I heard that they sold all the Glock catsup for pennies on the dollar and bought some made in Uh-murika.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
No response to the FOIA yet, which was predicted and expected. Why should the Henrico Police Department obey the law anyway.....

So today I will FOIA the FOIA and contact the county attorney. Then file a writ and ask the court to impose the maximum fine for willful violation. (I won't hold my breath for the fine).

Even if they claim an exemption now they're still in violation for not responding at all.

We really need some teeth in this law.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No response to the FOIA yet, which was predicted and expected. Why should the Henrico Police Department obey the law anyway.....

Because they are supposed to be the ones enforcing the laws impartially, w/o bias. Because it is the right and honorable thing to do.

We really need some teeth in this law.
Snarling-Wolf.jpg

Would these help? Sure to get somebody's attention.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This proves they read here:lol:

The Henrico County Division of Police received on June 4, 2011 your Freedom of Information Act request regarding a "man with a gun" at River City Diner. Please be advised that the Division does not have any record of a call identifying a "man with a gun" at River City Diner for the date and timeframe mentioned in your request. Sincerely, Charlotte Hitchcock Henrico County Police

Now I have a problem...Was the cop lying or is the County?
Someone sure is!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This proves they read here:lol:

Now I have a problem...Was the cop lying or is the County?
Someone sure is!

They are both afforded that privilege which is denied mere mortals.

And their policy/training standard regarding Tasers is?

Further, we are to therefore believe that 3 officers showed up. 2 of whom were actively engaged in arresting an employee, the 3rd "checked" us out and there is no record. Maybe no MWAG call, but there is a record of officers being directed to that location at that time for some combination of purposes.

Maybe we all just imagined the Taser in hand - blue syndrome mass hysteria. :banghead:

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Can you FOIA any/all calls to that specific address on that particular date?

Yes, I can and will.

I did not in the first place because there was an arrest and that will probably be withheld as a criminal investigation. I wanted to keep the two separate.

Blk97F150

Yes, I can and will.

I did not in the first place because there was an arrest and that will probably be withheld as a criminal investigation. I wanted to keep the two separate.

I wonder if the MWAG call was entered into the computer as a 'disturbance' or some other description... and thats why they didn't provide it to you under the original FOIA?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I wonder if the MWAG call was entered into the computer as a 'disturbance' or some other description... and thats why they didn't provide it to you under the original FOIA?

It's more likely the cop was lying about the call.
Either way, he's got some splaining to do!