• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shoulder holster

cyras21

anyone know of a good comfortable shoulder holster that I could use when out fishing an kayaking? I bought one online but it doesn't feel right.

swinokur

Activist Member
Galco makes 3 I like

Jackass Rig
Miami Classic
Miami Classic II (I have 2 of these)

Galco gear is good quality and fairly priced IMO. I use mine for long driving trips.

xxx.jakk.xxx

anyone know of a good comfortable shoulder holster that I could use when out fishing an kayaking? I bought one online but it doesn't feel right.

If the fit isn't right, you may need to go to a gun store, tactical store or sportsman store to try on the holster before you buy it. That may help in finding one with the right fit. As for brands, I can't help. The closest I am to a shoulder holster is a concealment undershirt that I'm getting next week.

MamaLiberty

Carefully choose muzzle direction

As with guns, try on several and - if possible- wear them for a while with the gun in place to make sure it isn't rubbing in a bad place or otherwise uncomfortable.

And for the sake of safety, I'd suggest one that holsters the gun muzzle down. The ones that point to the rear would make me nervous when drawing.. and the ones that point the muzzle straight up toward the armpit give me the screaming willies. In an emergency, a split second lapse of trigger control during the draw could do very, very nasty things with either of those.