Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new J-S poll on permits & training

new J-S poll on permits & training

http://www.jsonline.com/polls/123126413.html

We're getting stomped, 85 - 15.

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post

I just added my $.02. It is now 84% yes and 16% no.

Let's vote folks!!
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

80/20 now. With as many open carriers on this forum, we should be walking away winners. Get the vote out...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Just voted. 79%/21%

78/22

No matter the results of this poll, the majority of WI would prefer a bill with a permit and training component. In spite of much complaining about that, there really is little down side to it.

There is a political downside for Republicans in pushing the ConCarry, esp in the times of the recalls. This give democrats much ammo to fight with when the republicans are seen as taking a stand that is outside the mainstream and seen by many as more extreme.

CC will pass and it will pass with a permit and training element. I'd say lets get together, support that, and make sure we have the best law we can.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Yes (77%)
    No (23%)
    Total Responses: 1122
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by ksks View Post
    No matter the results of this poll, the majority of WI would prefer a bill with a permit and training component. In spite of much complaining about that, there really is little down side to it.

CC will pass and it will pass with a permit and training element. I'd say lets get together, support that, and make sure we have the best law we can.
    Where were "most" of these people in Wisconsin during the Wausau or Madison hearings? I attended one of them, and the opinion there was overwhelmingly for Constitution Carry (the Republican Party also unanimously voted in favor of it). That aside, this isn't a question of majority opinion, it's a question of following the Constitution, which is so blatantly violated by politicians AND voters alike it's sickening.

This is the same attitude that people have about political candidates like Ron Paul. Most people will admit he shoots straight, but "he'll never get elected" so let's vote for the "lesser of two evils". That attitude is the reason this country is so disgusting right now. Compromise is all I ever see anymore, and it's excruciating to watch. Being a member of the younger generation I see nothing but a very dark future ahead for my wife and I.

While the "majority" of people in Wisconsin are willing to accept a privilege, I am not and will continue to fight my rights as long as I can.
    Last edited by technician; 06-03-2011 at 09:47 PM.

76/24

First of all, the BEST law we can get is Constitutional Carry. Second, I am not giving up on it. If you want to throw in the towel, so be it. But if you think you're getting a bargain if Walker signs what Doyle vetoed, you sure don't want much.

At least I believe in the Constitution and I will fight for it.

keep it up, closing in on 50 -50

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post

57% NO 43 YES at around 10 pm.

The Working people must be home now !
    Last edited by littlewolf; 06-03-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

66% No and 34% Yes as of 10:09 CST
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed to whom it may concern.
    Why open carrying is a good idea: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...encounter.html

31% Yes, 69% No

4,290 votes

Activist Member
    Yes (26%)

No (74%)

Total Responses: 5132

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Gov. Scott Walker said Friday that any concealed carry bill should require would-be carriers to first obtain a permit and get training. Do you agree?
    Yes (25%)
    No (75%)
    Total Responses: 5615
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

ksks
    You have got to be kidding right..????

There is the fact that this would be trampling the CONSITUTION.
    There is the fact that after this type of bill is signed into law, futue stste government could INCREASE the proposed permit fee as they see fit.
    There is the FACT that those of us living from paycheck to paycheck WITHOUT any savings (not to mention the unemployeed) would find it VERY difficult to afford the high cost of "formal government mandated) trainning.
    there is the FACT that requiring a permit would open the door for Leo to step on our constitutional rights by demanding to see a permit we we have done NOTHING illegal.
    There is the fact that this type of bill would mandate fees for something we already have legal right to do (only this would mandate unnessesary fees to cover our firearms with a piece of clothing.
    I could go on and on but it getting late....

You have got to be kidding right..???

Supporting this type of bill we would make sure we have the WORST law we could have. We would be better off to leave trhings as they are... Open Carry with NO permit fees or expensive MANDATED trainnig I for one WILL NOT SUPPORT a bill that strips us of our LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL rights.....(and I am thinking I am not alone on that)

I will agree thatSB-93 is looking more and more bleak as time goes on, but that DOES NOT justify giving in and joining the "other side"....

Edited to add; I know that you most likely were NOT kidding but that makes your post that much more unbeleivable.... And with a join date of this month and what (9?) posts, are you even aware of what this group represents...???? I does NOT represent what you are advocating.

Outdorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 06-03-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: add info
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

as of 10:47PM
    Yes (22%)

No (78%)

Total Responses: 6486

11:23pm

Yes = 16%
    No = 84%
    9414 Total Votes

Just voted 11:50 pm I guess the people don't want Permits or training !

Yes (15%)
    No (85%)
    Total Responses: 10941
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Uh-oh! You did it now! They are gonna get you. hehehehehehe

I just voted at 11:57

Gov. Scott Walker said Friday that any concealed carry bill should require would-be carriers to first obtain a permit and get training. Do you agree?
    Yes (15%)
    No (85%)
    Total Responses: 10958

LoL I just checked it this AM:

Yes: 18%
    No: 82%
    11641 total

hmmmm, yep...sounds like *we're* the "kook fringe"...cuz the majority is always the fringe right?

80 no 20 yes
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

79/21 this morning.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

78/22 with over 15,000 votes in

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast