• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new J-S poll on permits & training

ksks

No matter the results of this poll, the majority of WI would prefer a bill with a permit and training component. In spite of much complaining about that, there really is little down side to it.

There is a political downside for Republicans in pushing the ConCarry, esp in the times of the recalls. This give democrats much ammo to fight with when the republicans are seen as taking a stand that is outside the mainstream and seen by many as more extreme.

CC will pass and it will pass with a permit and training element. I'd say lets get together, support that, and make sure we have the best law we can.

technician

No matter the results of this poll, the majority of WI would prefer a bill with a permit and training component. In spite of much complaining about that, there really is little down side to it.

CC will pass and it will pass with a permit and training element. I'd say lets get together, support that, and make sure we have the best law we can.

Where were "most" of these people in Wisconsin during the Wausau or Madison hearings? I attended one of them, and the opinion there was overwhelmingly for Constitution Carry (the Republican Party also unanimously voted in favor of it). That aside, this isn't a question of majority opinion, it's a question of following the Constitution, which is so blatantly violated by politicians AND voters alike it's sickening.

This is the same attitude that people have about political candidates like Ron Paul. Most people will admit he shoots straight, but "he'll never get elected" so let's vote for the "lesser of two evils". That attitude is the reason this country is so disgusting right now. Compromise is all I ever see anymore, and it's excruciating to watch. Being a member of the younger generation I see nothing but a very dark future ahead for my wife and I.

While the "majority" of people in Wisconsin are willing to accept a privilege, I am not and will continue to fight my rights as long as I can.

Last edited:

phred

First of all, the BEST law we can get is Constitutional Carry. Second, I am not giving up on it. If you want to throw in the towel, so be it. But if you think you're getting a bargain if Walker signs what Doyle vetoed, you sure don't want much.

At least I believe in the Constitution and I will fight for it.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Gov. Scott Walker said Friday that any concealed carry bill should require would-be carriers to first obtain a permit and get training. Do you agree?
Yes (25%)
No (75%)
Total Responses: 5615

Outdoorsman1

ksks

You have got to be kidding right..????

There is the fact that this would be trampling the CONSITUTION.
There is the fact that after this type of bill is signed into law, futue stste government could INCREASE the proposed permit fee as they see fit.
There is the FACT that those of us living from paycheck to paycheck WITHOUT any savings (not to mention the unemployeed) would find it VERY difficult to afford the high cost of "formal government mandated) trainning.
there is the FACT that requiring a permit would open the door for Leo to step on our constitutional rights by demanding to see a permit we we have done NOTHING illegal.
There is the fact that this type of bill would mandate fees for something we already have legal right to do (only this would mandate unnessesary fees to cover our firearms with a piece of clothing.
I could go on and on but it getting late....

You have got to be kidding right..???

Supporting this type of bill we would make sure we have the WORST law we could have. We would be better off to leave trhings as they are... Open Carry with NO permit fees or expensive MANDATED trainnig I for one WILL NOT SUPPORT a bill that strips us of our LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL rights.....(and I am thinking I am not alone on that)

I will agree thatSB-93 is looking more and more bleak as time goes on, but that DOES NOT justify giving in and joining the "other side"....

Edited to add; I know that you most likely were NOT kidding but that makes your post that much more unbeleivable.... And with a join date of this month and what (9?) posts, are you even aware of what this group represents...???? I does NOT represent what you are advocating.

Outdorsman1

Last edited: