• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crazy idea? Meet with NC Legislators opposed to 2a rights?

Maverick9110e

Ok so i've just about had all i can take with those people opposing the 2A bills currently circulating the NCGA and quite frankly... I'm sick of sending emails and useless phone calls. I feel like its the equivalent of shooting an AR at a M1 Tank. What if we could organize a group of say 10-20 people to actually get a meeting with these legislators. But do it after business hours. Most of us can't and shouldn't have to use a Vacation day to go and get these people to actually hear us out. Maybe i'm just delusional and think that when presented with valid arguments and facts that they can't just walk away from or spew useless nonsense that they might just "get it". I'm usually not one to change people minds but when some of the comments and tactics that are going on are allowed to happen it just drives me nuts. Maybe allow some news reporters in on it or something. Just something very civil and to the point. Not just yelling and jumping around with posters at the capitol building, which again, i just don't think is effective. Maybe i'm crazy, i just need to figure out something to do other then passing out flyers, sending emails, and crossing my fingers.... Sorry for the rant, but it's just time to put an end in a civil NO BS kind of way.

Dreamer

You should contact the folks at GRNC and see if you can tag along with some of their official lobbyists in the Capital. They seem to have a lot of connections there...