Thread: OC During CMA Music Fest (aka Fan Fair)

OC During CMA Music Fest (aka Fan Fair)

I was curious to know if anyone will be OCing in downtown Nashville during the CMA music fest?

Hmm. The issues I see doing this (live in Nashville) would be the Arena and the Stadium. Those places are posted - no carry.

Metro PD is give and take - some officers are of the 'you should conceal or not carry' and some do understand.
    Sadly, due the situation where there will be tons of people from all over the nation, there will be someone who reports you, or even confronts you. Be expecting this. Be polite and know the law.

Also, remember, look for the "Gun Buster" sign. If it is there, no go. The issue you will find is this: Your group will want to go into a Country and Western Bar, and it may be posted. You do not go in, or you better have a place to secure it close by. Be careful. The signs are easily missed.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by HvyMtl View Post
    Hmm. The issues I see doing this (live in Nashville) would be the Arena and the Stadium. Those places are posted - no carry.

Metro PD is give and take - some officers are of the 'you should conceal or not carry' and some do understand.
    Sadly, due the situation where there will be tons of people from all over the nation, there will be someone who reports you, or even confronts you. Be expecting this. Be polite and know the law.

Also, remember, look for the "Gun Buster" sign. If it is there, no go. The issue you will find is this: Your group will want to go into a Country and Western Bar, and it may be posted. You do not go in, or you better have a place to secure it close by. Be careful. The signs are easily missed.
    Don't forget about Riverfront Park. While state law requires postings on parks in cities that have "opted out" of allowing HCP holders to carry in parks, Nashville (and many other communities) have still failed to post this.

But I was more interested in possibly having people wave "Hello" to me as I'll be working at the CMT building on Commerce.

Figured that it would be nice to see a few people OCing, even if I'm unable to join in.

Oh. Ok. I would, but I am going out of town. (Sadly, towards ATL, and will have to bypass the Bonnaroo traffic...)
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by HvyMtl View Post
    Oh. Ok. I would, but I am going out of town. (Sadly, towards ATL, and will have to bypass the Bonnaroo traffic...)
    Make sure you have your firearm if you get within 10 miles of Bonnaroo, those people are certifiable.