• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC During CMA Music Fest (aka Fan Fair)

HvyMtl

Hmm. The issues I see doing this (live in Nashville) would be the Arena and the Stadium. Those places are posted - no carry.

Metro PD is give and take - some officers are of the 'you should conceal or not carry' and some do understand.
Sadly, due the situation where there will be tons of people from all over the nation, there will be someone who reports you, or even confronts you. Be expecting this. Be polite and know the law.

Also, remember, look for the "Gun Buster" sign. If it is there, no go. The issue you will find is this: Your group will want to go into a Country and Western Bar, and it may be posted. You do not go in, or you better have a place to secure it close by. Be careful. The signs are easily missed.

WCrawford

Hmm. The issues I see doing this (live in Nashville) would be the Arena and the Stadium. Those places are posted - no carry.

Metro PD is give and take - some officers are of the 'you should conceal or not carry' and some do understand.
Sadly, due the situation where there will be tons of people from all over the nation, there will be someone who reports you, or even confronts you. Be expecting this. Be polite and know the law.

Also, remember, look for the "Gun Buster" sign. If it is there, no go. The issue you will find is this: Your group will want to go into a Country and Western Bar, and it may be posted. You do not go in, or you better have a place to secure it close by. Be careful. The signs are easily missed.

Don't forget about Riverfront Park. While state law requires postings on parks in cities that have "opted out" of allowing HCP holders to carry in parks, Nashville (and many other communities) have still failed to post this.

But I was more interested in possibly having people wave "Hello" to me as I'll be working at the CMT building on Commerce.

Figured that it would be nice to see a few people OCing, even if I'm unable to join in.

HvyMtl

Oh. Ok. I would, but I am going out of town. (Sadly, towards ATL, and will have to bypass the Bonnaroo traffic...)