• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good OC experience with a Veterinarian in Greenvile...

Dreamer

I had to take one of my cats to the Vet last night at about 2am (emergency vet service open late). The clinic was in Greenville, at the corner of Arlington and Evans. (If anyone knows Greenville, they know that is a relatively "dicey" part of town--especially late at night).

Of couse, I was was OCing my Glock 36 in a Serpa.

The assistant met me at the door with my kitty in a carrier, and brought me into the exam room, and took my info, and asked some questions about my cats problem.

The doctor came in and talked to me for a while and then took the kitty into a back exam room to treat my cat. He told me "this might take a while, so if you want to step outside to smoke or get some air, go ahead, but don't wander too far..." He then paused a bit and glanced down at my holster and said "but it looks like you are prepared for anything that might come your way..." and gave me a nod and a "thumbs up"...

I said "yeah, it's Greenville at 2am. A man would be crazy to NOT be prepared..." to which he just nodded and smiled...

Kitty was in the clinic about 2 hours (intestinal blockage) but eventually the doc got things "moving" again, and kitty was feeling better. I paid the bill, talked with the doctor about after-care for my cat, and left feeling much better--about his kind and gentle care for my pet, AND about his support and agreement with my right to Self Defense.

I will happily recommend the "Pet Emergency Clinic of Pitt County" to all my friends...

http://www.pet-emergency-clinic.com/

Last edited:

62 Caddy

Alway good to hear of a nice experience. Glad you have an after hours vet. I have 3 cats, one has a toy revolver...we call him Pistol Pete.

Northerner

My wife and I had the same issue a few months back, having to visit a Vet Emergency Clinic in Wilson, just off Rt 95, down behind an industrial park at 1 AM. Scary :uhoh: Open carried the entire time. Kitten did well.

Glad your cat is better and you had a positive OC experience.

TatManDo

Good Neighborhood to Carry

Glad to hear you got a place to take your pet at that hour.

Wow, my office is almost right next door to that vet and I hate leaving in the dark in the winter or even working late in the summer - glad they had no issues with OC'ing!

SW-VS-Glock

clinic

i know this is an old post but im new here and came across it and had to post and say cool deal, this is where my wife works and it just took me by surprised that it would be mentioned in these forums, just know that everyone there is gun freindly and there are several employees there that open carry as well, my wife being one with her new purple gen 4 glock 19, so if you need to go no worries of anyone saying anything negitive torwds carrying, and yea i said her PURPLE glock. IMAG0429.jpg ;)

11B2O

I didn't think about any type of carry being legal in some private clinics. I guess because I thought most of them followed the same rules as hospitals. That's great though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2