• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycott the Clark County Shooting Park

The Big Guy

The shooting public needs to think twice about supporting the Counties shooting park. Why spend your resources putting money in the County coffers when they fight against your natural rights? I can find all kinds of other places to shoot, I don't need them. It is no different to me than taking off my firearm to do business in a store that bars me when armed. Private or public, if they don't support my right to self-defense, then I don't support them, period. If you are a member of an organization that holds shoots and competitions, urge your organization to go elsewhere. Let the county leaders know that until they support your 2A rights and obey state law, you are not going to support the park. Let them know you are actively seeking to get shooting events moved elsewhere. Let them figure out how to pay for it.
TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I like the way you think, here I am pissed about the Blue card, mad over the "parks" issue, yet I go pay for the Punch card that lets me shoot more..... Thanks I got it now.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

100 percent behind this. My wife and I will no longer do Appleseed shoots there and have let the appleseed folks know it. They are pretty good at preaching about our rights and the founders. So we will see how they stand or fall on this. Also no more cowboy shooting for me there either.

The Big Guy

Over a hundred people have checked this thread and only 3 comments. If you think this is on to something, or not, please leave a comment. The silent majority is nothing but silent, they don't count.

TBG

rickc1962

Over a hundred people have checked this thread and only 3 comments. If you think this is on to something, or not, please leave a comment. The silent majority is nothing but silent, they don't count.

TBG

If I lived there I would stand right with you on this, and if I visit there I will not support them ether, I do not give my money to places that don't support the 2nd Amendment. I went to the shooting park today to check it out, did not shoot, just checked it out, and everything seemed OK, I've been to three City Parks since moving here, LE has seen me in two and nothing said, I also went to check out the Rodeo / County Fairgrounds, I didn't see any no gun signs, but have not been to an event there yet.

The Big Guy

I agree with you. However; I don't live in CC so......but if I did.....

Please encourage people over the hump not to come here to use it. If you know of any competitive shooters ask them not to participate in any events at the Clark County Shooting Park. Thanks for your comments.

TBG

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Even for those who don't live here, please drop a line to CC officials and let them know you WILL NOT be coming here and using the park. Tell them why. Especially those of you who are competitive shooters. For the benefit of all of us in the state of Nevada, Clark County needs to be brought in line. You actually are more important than the locals. When people from out of the county and out of state start telling them they won't come here to use the park, they will see dollar signs evaporating. Tourism is Clark Counties life blood. In this case it is bigger than the park. It is lost hotel bookings, gambling, dinning and buying all those little nick nacks that tourists buy. Please help us as we are all in this together.

While you're at it, drop a line to the local Chamber of Commerce and tell them the same thing.

TBG

Last edited:

IA_farmboy

TBG

I think you are on to something. I visit the sub-forums on this site for many different states to see how legislation is going on constitutional carry and I stopped here since the title caught my attention. I don't plan on visiting Nevada any time soon but I am interested in the momentum that constitutional carry might have. I don't feel compelled to write any letters as any threats I have against not visiting Nevada, or any specific range in Nevada, would be a very shallow threat and I suspect it would be taken as one.

While I don't feel compelled to write a letter I did feel compelled to write a reply here. I suspect that there are a few people that, like me, are curious about what is going on but live too far away to do much about it. Those people will add to the viewing stats but not add comments.

Maestro Pistolero

Shooting park boycott stupidest idea I have ever heard

CCSP operates at a loss
Why would anyone think boycotting the park would influence Clark county policy? It's a money loser and it's demise would be be a fiscal benefit to the county.

The only losers would be the shooting community, here and internationally who might choose this sprawling, first-rate facility for competitions too large to host anywhere else.

That would be a loss for the Las Vegas economy as well. Why does the shooting community sometimes cut it's nose off to spite it's face, or should I say 'shoot itself in the foot?'

Of all the ideas I have ever heard to advance 2A rights, this has to be among the worst.

How about boycotting products from corporate sponsors of network TV that fund anti-gun programming? Now THERE'S a boycott to get behind.

Claytron

TBG

I dont know if this thread was regarding soem already running thread or if its just me but i didnt even really get what its all about. You apparently want to boycott a shooting range because they dont "stand up for your rights" but im not really sure exactly what you are getting at here. Exactly what is it that they do that you dislike? Or do you dislike all county shooting ranges...?

The Big Guy

CCSP operates at a loss
Why would anyone think boycotting the park would influence Clark county policy? It's a money loser and it's demise would be be a fiscal benefit to the county.

The only losers would be the shooting community, here and internationally who might choose this sprawling, first-rate facility for competitions too large to host anywhere else.

That would be a loss for the Las Vegas economy as well. Why does the shooting community sometimes cut it's nose off to spite it's face, or should I say 'shoot itself in the foot?'

Of all the ideas I have ever heard to advance 2A rights, this has to be among the worst.

How about boycotting products from corporate sponsors of network TV that fund anti-gun programming? Now THERE'S a boycott to get behind.

Thank you for your comments. I admit your logic eludes me but you have a right to your opinion. Actually, I do not financially support anyone that does not support my rights, sponsors of TV networks or otherwise. Let me state here clearly, there is no magic bullet. No one thing is going to fix the problem of our county government ignoring our rights and the law. It takes all of us working together, coming after the problem from different directions. Let me ask you a question. What are you doing to stand up for and preserve our rights? Me, I'm just doing the best I can.

TBG

Vegassteve

CCSP operates at a loss

There are lots of places to shoot in this town. Before this money suck of a park opened the IDPA, USPA, and cowboy nationals all shot here in Vegas at other ranges in town. We do not need it. They took land owned by the people sunk a ton of money into it, lose money and charge us to use it. On top of the fact that by some magic trick its ok to have a firearm in this county park, but I cant protect myself in others. If anything it should show them as a fact that many people running around a park with guns is not dangerous.

The shooting community shoots itself in the foot in this town and state all the time. There are plenty of people here who are complacent and do nothing to stand up and fight.

Answer this if it is losing money. How can it be a economic loss to not have it?

The Big Guy

Contacts

For those of you wishing to do so, here is the contact info for the Clark County Commisioners:

Susan Brager, Chair, district F, ccdistf@ClarkCountyNV.gov
Steve Sisolak, Vice-Chair, district A, ccdistA@ClarkCountyNV.gov

Tom Collins, district B, ccdistB@ClarkCountyNV.gov
Larry Brown, district C, ccdistC@ClarkCountyNV.gov
Lawrence Weekly, district D, ccdistD@ClarkCountyNV.gov
Chris Giunchigliani, district E, ccdistE@ClarkCountyNV.gov
Mary Beth Scow, district G, ccdistG@ClarkCountyNV.gov

I would suggest you write your Commissioner and both the Chair and Vice-Chair. For those out of town who would like to help, I would suggest that you at least write the Chair and Vice-Chair. Be courteous but firm. Tell them you can't in good conscience support the County Shooting Park until such time as they recognize that the people of Clark County have the same rights as the rest of the State of NV. Tell them they must get in line with state law, and also get rid of the blue card registration. Tell them that you will do what you can to stop organizations from booking events there.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I just had a brilliant Idea ..... I NORA requested Clark County Police 1 year ago, and got the Violent crime in parks stats. Now I think it is time to NORA them again and ask for the violent crime in the "shooting Park only" stats..... My hunch is it will be an easy response to procure.

trippje

I just closed on my house today in Clark County. I spent the last seven years living in Germany dealing with their anti gun crap. I brought several guns with me to Nevada but I promise you they won't be used at a place that doesn't support my second amendment rights. If you have never lived outside the United States then you don't know how bad it can be when it comes to owning firearms. You need to stand up for your rights. You need to make sure that the next generation coming up understand that it is a right and not a privilege and you need to do it before they get old enough to vote. I guess I am going to let it go before I start ranting raving like a fool.