• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Symptoms of Tyranny, Oath Keepers in Arizona

Lawful Aim

http://rtr.org/videos/2/22238

An epidemic is sweeping the nation. In this special report, never seen on the mainstream news, we look at the symptoms of tyranny and take you to Arizona where the Oathkeepers converged to march for a fallen Marine. Jose Manuel Guerena was shot 61 times in his home when Pima County SWAT entered to serve a search warrant. You will get an inside look at the Oathkeepers memorial service where Stewart Rhodes and Sheriff Richard Mack spoke of the recent abuses, presented the widow with a plaque, and provided solutions on how you can overcome these symptoms of tyranny.

Producer / Editor: Gary Franchi
Writers: Gary Franchi / Nina Police
Camera: Drew Phillips

since9

Campaign Veteran
Whatever happened to knocking? If someone is known to carry firearms, busting in the door is perhaps the surest way to start a firefight that will likely result in their death.

On the couple of occasions I've called the police, I always put it in the safe, let the dispatcher know that while I'm usually armed it's in the safe.

Haven't had any problems.

KBCraig

If you haven't seen it, take a few minutes to read the affidavit sworn out to support the search warrant for Jose Guereña's home:

http://www.kvoa.com/files/Scanned Document0582_000.pdf

Done? Good. Yes, the overall basis for including his home, was that his brother had unexplained income, and that Jose was once a passenger during a traffic stop, during which a search of the vehicle produced nothing illegal, but several rolls of commercial food-grade plastic cling wrap were noted.

Wow.

Also, he wasn't hit 60+ times (which was always a suspiciously high number, especially after we saw the video). It seems he was hit 22 times, mostly while down on the floor, halfway out of the hallway with his upper body in the kitchen.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_8e492a7c-9078-11e0-8ee2-001cc4c002e0.html
http://www.kgun9.com/story/14847835/fatal-swat-raid-just-released-autopsy-details-guerenas-wounds

There were only three GSWs to his torso. Could he have survived? We don't know. At least one of them was fairly severe, puncturing his spleen and left lung. With almost 20 shots to his extremities, if they had entered immediately after ceasing fire and applied basic first aid (including tourniquets), he might have made it to surgery, at least.

This just smells worse and worse the riper it gets....

HandyHamlet

I guess if there is a sliver lining in any of this it is that the Citizens of the United Sates of America are not taking this sitting down. We are starting to awake from hibernation. And that does not bode well for tyrants.

M-Taliesin

I guess if there is a sliver lining in any of this it is that the Citizens of the United Sates of America are not taking this sitting down. We are starting to awake from hibernation. And that does not bode well for tyrants.

Howdy Folks!
I wrote about this episode of abusive power elsewhere on the forum and will not recount my remarks here apart from my belief that every officer who fired a round ought to be brought up on charges of murder in the first degree, attempted murder, conspiracy to murder, assault with a deadly weapon and tried for criminal behavior. Their boss, the sheriff, should immediately be recalled or asked by his citizens to resign his office. Warrant or no warrant, this was not justifyable homicide. It was a firing squad. The man inside his own home was gunned down in a felonious manner. His wife and child were inside, therefore attempted murder is an appropriate charge because they may well have been killed in the torrent of bullets fired into the home.

It is heartening to see that groups of patriots exist ready to stand up and call to account this type of abuse of power.

I am pro-law enforcement, but that being said, this wasn't appropriate law enforcement. It was a criminal act resulting in homicide.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
...every officer who fired a round ought to be brought up on charges of murder in the first degree, attempted murder, conspiracy to murder, assault with a deadly weapon and tried for criminal behavior. Their boss, the sheriff, should immediately be recalled or asked by his citizens to resign his office.

+1

I am pro-law enforcement, but that being said, this wasn't appropriate law enforcement. It was a criminal act resulting in homicide.

+1, and I'll add it was a gross and unconscionable abuse of power.

eye95

I'm blown over by this information. Thanks for sharing, I had some knowledge but not so much in detail.

After reading the affidavit, I think that a reasonable person would have probable cause to believe that evidence of drug trafficking would be found at that address. Clearly the judge also thought so too.

Read the affidavit, folks, it is quite revealing of all that went into arriving at the reasonable conclusion that the man was dealing in drugs.

Here is that link again: http://www.kvoa.com/files/Scanned Document0582_000.pdf

SFCRetired

I read the affidavit. What I came away with was that his brother was probably involved in illegal drugs. I saw absolutely nothing that would have justified a no-knock raid, much less a cold-blooded execution of a man in his own home.

This is one old man who is fed up with the over-use of SWAT teams, the militarization of law enforcement agencies, and the very real abuse of power we are seeing from these agencies.

Is it going to take another Ruby Ridge or Waco for the citizenry to demand that these excesses cease? For crying out loud, the man's wife and child were present. Not to mention that he was cuffed and left in a pool of his own blood without medical assistance being called for him.

That last should call for a charge of negligent homicide against all the law enforcement involved in this incident.