Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recall Walker

Angry Recall Walker

Now we the people should start the recall of walker the gun owners all, groups because he betrayed us all. A good cc law or no law, start sending letters and phone calls to Scott walker the trader asap.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Geez, Louise - Walker has not been in office for 5 months. He had, and still has, a overwhelming problem with trying to straighten out the fiscal mess. There are only 24 hours in a day. I am not from Wisconsin, but what I read about Walker makes me like him a lot. I am as impatient as anyone when it comes to giving us back our 2nd Amendment rights, but the man and his fellow Republicans in the State need some time to fix things. If he hasn't accomplished what you want by the end of the first term, vote for someone else. But a recall makes no sense. He is the best Wisconsin has had for some time. Walker is the farthest thing from a traitor I know. I honestly share your frustration.

Really.... your particular representative doesn't make the decision you want and right away it's "lets toss 'em out"?. Lets give them a chance to get a track record of screwing things up so it can be justified. I want this as bad as anyone else, but I'm not going to turn on him just because of not getting everything I want right away.
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Centurion

He hasn't had a chance to sign or veto yet

Quote Originally Posted by jeff niles View Post
    Now we the people should start the recall of walker the gun owners all, groups because he betrayed us all. A good cc law or no law, start sending letters and phone calls to Scott walker the trader asap.
    Walker showed a fair amount of fortitude standing up to the Unions. Let's keep the pressure on and educate him before we throw him out. I bet most of the people that he hangs with have high incomes, and a lot of elite Republicans want permits to prevent the "wrong people" from carrying guns.

Keep on the pressure. We got Jan Brewer to sign Constitutional Carry in Arizona. Keep on the pressure and think long term.

...sending letters and phone calls to Scott walker the trader asap.

What is he trading that is so worthy of a recall?

Would I be correct in assuming you meant:

Scott Walker the traitor?

trai·tor

- noun: a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust.

Not:

Scott walker the trader?

trad·er

–noun
    1. a person who trades; a merchant or businessperson.
    2. a ship used in trade, especially foreign trade.
    3. a member of a stock exchange trading privately and not on behalf of customers.

Just clarifying.....
    Last edited by Archangel; 06-04-2011 at 11:08 AM.

I think trader works too in this instance.

He traded one sound bite for another.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Remember when G. W. Bush said he'd sign a renewal of the "assault weapons ban" if it ever came to him? (Knowing that it was never going to end up on his desk?)

I'd like to think Walker's making a similar move.

I'd like to....
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Remember when G. W. Bush said he'd sign a renewal of the "assault weapons ban" if it ever came to him? (Knowing that it was never going to end up on his desk?)

I'd like to think Walker's making a similar move.

I'd like to....
    Not even close. He sent the message, "Send me a bill with permits and training or I WON'T sign it." TEchinically, it the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Not even close. He sent the message, "Send me a bill with permits and training or I WON'T sign it." TEchinically, it the opposite.
    Who said they won't sign what? I don't remember reading the words "won't sign" anywhere unless I missed something.

"Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said the governor's statement does not necessarily mean the governor would veto "constitutional carry," but that Walker prefers training and permits."
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
    I think some of us are jumping the gun here. (hehehe) Why don't we all wait and see which bill gets inked and then make a decision on which way we want to vote? I will give him this, he is headed in the right direction with trying to get this state moving in the right direction regarding the budget bill, etc. When it comes to the CC issue all we can do is make our voices heard. Now and when a bill gets inked.

It isn't just "one thing that we want", it's going back on his word, or at least appearing to.
    He campaigned on the Republican party platform, which includes Constitutional Carry.
    He said, in person, out of his own mouth, that he supports Constitutional Carry.
    He has said he would sign a Constitutional Carry bill.
    Now he (appears to) do a 90 (not really a 180), and wants permits & training.

He campaigned on the Republican party platform, which includes smaller gov't & fiscal responsibility.
    He said, in person, out of his own mouth, that he supports smaller gov't & fiscal responsibility.
    Now he (appears to) do a 180 and wants larger, more expensive gov't.

If he vetos the Constitutional Carry bill, he will be recalled.
    He will lose any shred of credibility he had remaining.
    The TV ads will have clips of him from the campaign, then after he's in office, showing his lies.

He will have the vast majority of WI mad at him for one reason or another, & with the grass-roots political activism of the civil rights groups supporting the 2A, combined with the unions, he will fall.

The man has yet to to anything wrong. I still think he will sign the first (CCW) bill that hits his desk. Only time will tell.

How's this for jumping the gun... If he does not sign the Constitutional Carry bill, he will never get my vote nor the vote of thousands of others next election. He will be done. I am through with politicians who speak with forked tongue. His words have power and so do mine and I will use them to spread the word far and wide. No Constitutional Carry, no vote. Period.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Let's keep the pressure on him and our reps instead of jumping the gun. If he doesn't sign SB93, then let's get him out of office.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    The man has yet to to anything wrong. I still think he will sign the first (CCW) bill that hits his desk. Only time will tell.
    Exactly. I think we need to wait and see; though I do hate the wait...

I did speak to him last year before a parade, at which he stated he didn't favor permitless carry; but that was before the whole Republican platform adopted CC. I had an empty holster on at the time as I had to pass through a school zone.

Holy crap...talk about throwing the baby out with the bath...

I understand the sentiment...but if he gets recalled, I don't think there'll be any other conservatives running which pretty much guarantees we'd be stuck with more of Doyle/Barrett's philosophical kind.

Is walker perfect? Hell no. But any change that might happen now is going to be galactically bad for carry rights.

I think we have more to worry about with the brothers Fitzgerald than Walker right now. If we get SB93 through, my guess is Walker will sign it, and if he doesn't, I would be willing to bet that we'll still get it. The NRA wants SB93 and they aren't real acustomed to losing.

Wait to see if the signs the constitutional bill before you sign off on recall efforts. Give the politician a chance to come to his senses. HE DIDNT say he wouldn't sign the bill, just that in his mind it should contain permits and training. He may be trying to give moderates lip service and then when the bill really comes to his desk he will sign it. At least he went on record as being more "moderate" in the sense of the electorate. Not that there's anything extreme about constitutional carry with history as our guide. I will remind people that it worked for 100 years before they started banning concealed weapons in the late 1800s. There is no reason why it wouldn't work today, especially since criminals already carry concealed guns.... criminals by definition they don't obey laws.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    In my opinion, the jury is still out. Let's see what happens.

That being said, a recall cannot be started until he has been in office for one year, so, a recall committee can't register with the GAB before 1/3/2012 and then will have 60 days to collect over 500,000 signatures state wide. So.... if you still that way in January, I'm sure others will provide you with an opportunity to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    Holy crap...talk about throwing the baby out with the bath...

I understand the sentiment...but if he gets recalled, I don't think there'll be any other conservatives running which pretty much guarantees we'd be stuck with more of Doyle/Barrett's philosophical kind.

Is walker perfect? Hell no. But any change that might happen now is going to be galactically bad for carry rights.
    Wow. Someone with some common sense. Pro-gun people joining a recall of Walker is the dumbest thing I've read in some time. Too hot in the pan, let's jump right into the fricken fire. Sheesh.

Does anybody know how the process works when a bill is passed and sent to the governor for approval? He has THREE options. 1) He can sign it. 2) He can veto it. 3) He can do nothing. In which case it becomes law without his signature by default after 7 days of "sitting on his desk". This is a political move that can be used on controversial bills that may be a "hot potato" for a governor's personal image, but won't piss off his party's majority. By taking this option, he's saying he doesn't approve of it personally, thus he won't put his stamp of approval on it. But he also doesn't disapprove enough to go against his party's wishes and veto it.

Makes no sense to me why everyone is recall happy. Someone doesnt vote the way you want, try to get someone else next time.

To me, recall should be held for gross negligence or misconduct, not because you dont like someone.

Seems to me people are highly charged, overly emotional and making demands that are not well reasoned. Recalls, from both sides and with this rationale, are foolish.

And, I would hardly give up a fiscal conservative over the issue of Walker wanting a permit vsrses ConCarry. I've lived in the state 25 years and havent seen a fiscal conservative yet!
    Last edited by ksks; 06-04-2011 at 07:37 PM.

One of the biggest problems with this recall craze that has swept the nation is the high cost. People scream about govt spending from one side of their mouth and then scream for a recall and all the costs associated with that from the other side. Not to mention the fact as others have said wait and see what he actually does before you blow a gasket!

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Mama View Post
    Why don't we all wait and see which bill gets inked and then make a decision on which way we want to vote?
    Why don't we all wait til our teenage daughter's get pregnant before we tell them what the consequences will be?
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-04-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast