Thread: For all your LEO/OC encounters: Video cam looks like a bluetooth headset $199

For all your LEO/OC encounters: Video cam looks like a bluetooth headset $199

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Interesting device, with with only 1 hour of stored recording time and a 2 hour battery life, it seems limited...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

addresses the recording time but not battery life...

LooxcieMoments can be configured for either mobile sharing or highest quality:

Optimized for Mobile Sharing (320p)
    Capture 5 hours of continuous, looping video
    Save 500+ clips from captured video
    No editing, with a single click - instantly share with your social network

Optimized for Highest Quality (480p)
    Capture 1 hour of continuous, looping video
    Save 100+ clips from captured video
    Share via computer with your social network

If you "like" them on face book you'll get $40 off and free shipping!

guess I should have kept reading...

LooxcieMoments Recording Modes
    Mobile Sharing (320p) Highest Quality (480p)
    30-second Instant Clips check check
    Up to 30-minute Custom Clips check check
    Continuous, looping capture 5 hours 1 hours
    Clip storage from captured video 5 hours 1 hours
    Battery life (approx. record time) ~ 4 hours ~ 2 hours
    Instant mobile sharing to social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) check x-mark
    Never miss a moment check check

Seems like they should beable to make something similar to this that would store the video on your phone.. I'm really looking forward to something like this because I think there would be all sorts of applications beyond LEO encounters....

and BTW - it is about $150 (160.xx with all taxes) in radioshack

Got one for myself - so far liking it after a few days of testing.
    Also discovered that people do NOT recognize this as a camera due to "obvious" headset appearance.
    Last edited by Axctal; 06-06-2011 at 04:52 AM.

I'm trying to find a bluetooth and/or wifi video cam that will link to either an IPOD or IPHONE for recording audio/video.

Right now I've got the IPOD with a passworded audio recorder that will not shut off without entering the password once it's started, even when the device is turned off. And you can't take the battery out of an IPOD, the only option without the password would be destruction of the device or removing it from the area of interest.

Of course with a second, more visible recorder, it is likely that once a recording device is found and secured, the second recorder would go un noticed. Particularly since there would be no indications that it was on.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

I carry this cheap 1 gig MP3 player/Voice Recorder that has GREAT battery life and very good recording capability. When I leave the house, I throw it on, turn it on, lock it and forget about it! If something happens, I have it recorded. If not, I delete the file and recharge it off the built-in USB port. It just hangs around my neck and I carry headphones in my bag and simply say I use it for lisrtning to music if asked. I keep a few songs on it so it can be used for that if needed.

Last edited by HeroHog; 06-06-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Looxcie apparently have an "upload to a pre-defined email as you film it" feature when paired with a smartphone.
    Have not tested this one yet due to the absence of a smartphone - my next thing to upgrade.
    I am thinking you can also use things like quik on a smartphone - after all, the looxcie device is nothing more than a standard bluetooth camera