• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For all your LEO/OC encounters: Video cam looks like a bluetooth headset $199

Dreamer

Interesting device, with with only 1 hour of stored recording time and a 2 hour battery life, it seems limited...

cyras21

addresses the recording time but not battery life...

LooxcieMoments can be configured for either mobile sharing or highest quality:

Optimized for Mobile Sharing (320p)
Capture 5 hours of continuous, looping video
Save 500+ clips from captured video
No editing, with a single click - instantly share with your social network

Optimized for Highest Quality (480p)
Capture 1 hour of continuous, looping video
Save 100+ clips from captured video
Share via computer with your social network

If you "like" them on face book you'll get $40 off and free shipping!

cyras21

guess I should have kept reading...

LooxcieMoments Recording Modes
Mobile Sharing (320p) Highest Quality (480p)
30-second Instant Clips check check
Up to 30-minute Custom Clips check check
Continuous, looping capture 5 hours 1 hours
Clip storage from captured video 5 hours 1 hours
Battery life (approx. record time) ~ 4 hours ~ 2 hours
Instant mobile sharing to social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) check x-mark
Never miss a moment check check

HKcarrier

Seems like they should beable to make something similar to this that would store the video on your phone.. I'm really looking forward to something like this because I think there would be all sorts of applications beyond LEO encounters....

Axctal

and BTW - it is about $150 (160.xx with all taxes) in radioshack

Got one for myself - so far liking it after a few days of testing.
Also discovered that people do NOT recognize this as a camera due to "obvious" headset appearance.

Last edited:

We-the-People

I'm trying to find a bluetooth and/or wifi video cam that will link to either an IPOD or IPHONE for recording audio/video.

Right now I've got the IPOD with a passworded audio recorder that will not shut off without entering the password once it's started, even when the device is turned off. And you can't take the battery out of an IPOD, the only option without the password would be destruction of the device or removing it from the area of interest.

Of course with a second, more visible recorder, it is likely that once a recording device is found and secured, the second recorder would go un noticed. Particularly since there would be no indications that it was on.

HeroHog

I carry this cheap 1 gig MP3 player/Voice Recorder that has GREAT battery life and very good recording capability. When I leave the house, I throw it on, turn it on, lock it and forget about it! If something happens, I have it recorded. If not, I delete the file and recharge it off the built-in USB port. It just hangs around my neck and I carry headphones in my bag and simply say I use it for lisrtning to music if asked. I keep a few songs on it so it can be used for that if needed.

mp3player.jpg

Last edited:

Axctal

Looxcie apparently have an "upload to a pre-defined email as you film it" feature when paired with a smartphone.
Have not tested this one yet due to the absence of a smartphone :) - my next thing to upgrade.
I am thinking you can also use things like quik on a smartphone - after all, the looxcie device is nothing more than a standard bluetooth camera