• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OMG! Many Men With a lot of GUNZ!!!!1111eleventy111!

Armed

Protocal?

Never did understand the point of the Taser in his hand......

Grape - I've been trying to figure that out too. I notice the 2 officers that went inside also had their Tasers in hand, so I have to assume they are following a certain protocol.

I will not be able to attend the MWAG / Henrico session, but I would sure love to hear about that protocol. Tactically speaking, even from the officer safety standpoint, it sure seems like showing up to a MWAG call with a Taser in hand is a dumbass move.

I just don't "get-it".

carry for myself

almost looks like he has the tazer backwards, like holding it by the ...well what would be considerd the "barrel" usually tazers have yellow and black stripped markings on the "shoots this way" end. and that is in the back of his hand. not the front. cant tell though, cant get the vid to expand far enough

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
almost looks like he has the tazer backwards, like holding it by the ...well what would be considerd the "barrel" usually tazers have yellow and black stripped markings on the "shoots this way" end. and that is in the back of his hand. not the front. cant tell though, cant get the vid to expand far enough

His holster carried it vertically with the muzzle pointing forward. He drew it backward with his left hand and grabbed the muzzle end with his right, then shifted his right to the grip.

The ends of the cartridge were yellow but there was no yellow striping along the barrel (That was the first thing I pulled off of mine).

Mr H

Just print "TGIF" on Barney's tazer... This Goes In Front.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For the most part, this "encounter" went pretty well.

There were direct no challenges or harsh attitudes. No questions about permits or IDs. Conversation was generally low key and delivered with a smile. Much more positive I think than in some past events.

Only real questions should be answered by the FOIA and the one about "why" the Taser.

All American Nightmare

Careful!
I could play the audio of the excessive bebop music that could have landed us in the Hilton:uhoh:
http://www.co.henrico.va.us/dyn/med...00/00000/8000/500/8567/Chpt010Environment.pdf
(7)​
Amplified sound from vehicles. Playing, using or operating, or permitting the playing, use or
operation of, any radio, stereo, tape player, compact disc player, loudspeaker or other electronic
device or mechanical equipment used for the amplification of sound, which is located on or within a
motor vehicle and which is plainly audible from outside the motor vehicle at a distance of 50 feet or

more.
I don't think it you could hear plainly from 50 ft. I thought only a summons could be wrote for this.

Glockster

If that's the way the law is currently on the books, I think that it also then falls into the no longer legal in VA category, based on the same ruling that voided VA Beach's.
That would be too vague and rely upon the judgment of the police officer and so now they must cite specific measured noise levels and under what exact conditions.

http://www.co.henrico.va.us/dyn/med...00/00000/8000/500/8567/Chpt010Environment.pdf
(7)​
Amplified sound from vehicles. Playing, using or operating, or permitting the playing, use or
operation of, any radio, stereo, tape player, compact disc player, loudspeaker or other electronic
device or mechanical equipment used for the amplification of sound, which is located on or within a
motor vehicle and which is plainly audible from outside the motor vehicle at a distance of 50 feet or

more.
I don't think it you could hear plainly from 50 ft. I thought only a summons could be wrote for this.

scouser

drdan01 said:
If that's the way the law is currently on the books, I think that it also then falls into the no longer legal in VA category, based on the same ruling that voided VA Beach's.
That would be too vague and rely upon the judgment of the police officer and so now they must cite specific measured noise levels and under what exact conditions.

I think the real test is does the officer like the music that is coming out of the individual vehicle? :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Tazer was disconcerting. Otherwise, not questioned or harrassed.

A gun in hand could be brandishing. A knife or blackjack in hand would at least be threatening or intimidating. I recognize that officers in the past would carry a nightstick "in hand" and even make it perform spins and tricks - it was almost an art form.

With all of that in mind, what is a Taser in hand?

Threat or not?

If threatening, why? We were not doing anything to warrant escalation by LEO.

It means nothing. If not, - can I do that when talking to an officer?

I see rather than the obvious threat of a gun in hand (deadly force) the intentional display/threat of a less lethal force and I'd like to know the reason for such deployment. It was assuredly drawn from its holster intentionally.

Will be most interested in the protocol as determined by Henrico PD for this.

MR Redenck

Nah, you can tell the difference. No powdered sugar on OC'ers. ;)

From the looks of those OC'ers, all you would find is BBQ stains on their shirts. :lol::lol::lol:[video]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/14/ac980c71-ecc2-4019-90de-008246cdff5f.jpg[/video]

Last edited: