• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC friendly restaurants for an OC meet?

DrakeZ07

Dunno about the exact posting of this so I'll just leave it here.

Some friends and I are going to make a sort of meet n' greet in Lexington tomorrow (June 5th); Their mostly CC'ers and a couple aren't big into firearms, so I thought if I get a few together, and show them that Open carry can be safe, fun and purely legal, maybe we could entice the other friends into becoming OC'ers, and help educate people along the way while having a lil relaxing Sunday lunch/dinner.

Are there any restaurants around and within Lexington that are friendly, and open to Open Carry customers?

I don't go to Lexington very often, so I don't know how the city is about OC, or if there are any decent places to go to eat.

We're gonna drop by for some food, then either hit up a gun shop or go to a range out east here, unless there's a decent one near LEX that's cheap, outdoors, and has a rifle range

Y'all are more than welcome to come along, the more the better; But I do want to have a monthly gathering of OC'ers of friends and new friends.

Thank you, and I'm sorry if there's already a list of OC friendly places, in a bit of a hurry to go to work and don't have time to look it up for this on the spot meet.

neuroblades

I'm not local to Lexington but frequent the area from time to time as business and need arises. I've had no problems from Golden Corral off New Circle Road. Great food and few if any stares.

DrakeZ07

Eh, if OC'ers would do a OC meet n' greet Lexington, or eastward, I'd be happy to help organize it.

Got some pretty weird looks, couldn't find the golden corral, so we settled for bob evans; no one said anything to us, waiter and management was friendly, cashier stole a couple glances but shrugged it off.

I'll be sure to give warning ahead of time ^.^