• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Al Qaeda Video : Buy Automatic Weapons and Shoot Americans

Greg Bradburn

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-video-buy-automatic-weapons-start-shooting/story?id=13704264

He urges Muslims to pursue attacks with whatever is available. "Let's take America as an example. America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely without having to
show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?"

I don't know where he gets his information. I have always had them run a NICS check when purchasing any kind of firearm at a gun show (unless I used my CHP). And I know you cannot buy a fully automatic firearm without a class 3 permit from the BATFE.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
He fails to consider that many of us wouldn't care to sell a weapon to someone who displays character traits common to jihadists. I've never traded a weapon to another civilian without seeing their ID, and talking to them long enough so that I was sure they were unlikley to do something that would cause me grief. It makes me wonder if islamic jihad isn't getting "threatening points" from liberals within the brady bunch.

paramedic70002

I know how easy it is to get guns here in CONUS, but it's not THAT easy! Seems like for all the hadji's intelligence activities, they really have no clue about what goes on over here. Odd since there are so many here. Disinformation maybe?

HKcarrier

Funny... reminds me of highschool... it was far, FAR easier to get stuff to green stuff to smoke (illegal) than it was to get brown stuff to smoke or booze (both of which are legal but restricted.)

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
And I know you cannot buy a fully automatic firearm without a class 3 permit from the BATFE.

I thought the Class 3 permit was for dealers? Doesn't an automatic just require the $200 dollar tax stamp? Or are they the same thing?

stainless1911

Banned
Funny... reminds me of highschool... it was far, FAR easier to get stuff to green stuff to smoke (illegal) than it was to get brown stuff to smoke or booze (both of which are legal but restricted.)

It still is. I can make a couple calls and have it delivered, or I can go pick it up, and I dont even smoke. Funny thing is, its easier to get it from minors than adults.

Daylen

I want to know what gun show in the US this guy has been going to. All the ones I see don't sell full auto without going through all the awful ATF stuff.

Dreamer

Its far easier to get illegal weapons in the US than to get legal ones.

Maybe for criminals or felons that is true...

But for law-abiding citizens in MOST of the country (except DC, MD, CA, NY, NJ, etc) buying just about ANY firearms that is not NFA-regulated is about a 15 minute procedure...

Dreamer

It still is. I can make a couple calls and have it delivered, or I can go pick it up, and I dont even smoke. Funny thing is, its easier to get it from minors than adults.

I don't know which is more disturbing--that there is a delivery services for controlled substances in your city, or that you are friendly enough with pot-smoking minors to know who to call to get it...

Just sayin'...