• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crossbreed Holster!!

Big Boy

I 100% agree. I know this is an OC board. But if you are looking to conceal there is literally NOTHING better than cross bread.

Oh and BTW the belt means a lot, and I bought mine from crossbreed because it's thick and strong as hell, and it holds the same guarantee as every one of their products do. For life. Now THAT'S a guarantee.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
kholsters do the same thing and I think with the kholster you have more modification options.

hvtopiwala

why do u prefer kholsters over crossbreads? im looking to replace my galco holster becuz the hammer from my p238 is digging into my skin. which holster u think would stop that? im guessing something that has a leather type backing that covers my skin....

kcgunfan

why do u prefer kholsters over crossbreads? im looking to replace my galco holster becuz the hammer from my p238 is digging into my skin. which holster u think would stop that? im guessing something that has a leather type backing that covers my skin....

The Crossbreed has the leather backing, and is super comfortable. I don't know kholsters, but I can't imagine liking a CC holster more than my Crossbreed.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member

I like the Kholster over the Crossbreed because the Kholster comes with a better trial period and a better warranty. Granted you don't get the option of paying more for a "combat cut" with the Kholster. However, you can cut the Kholster however you'd like and still have a warranty, unlike the Crossbreed which has the arrogant stance that the way they cut it is the best way. I've tried on both and the Kholster is, in my opinion, hands down either better or the same as the Crossbreed.

The Wolfhound

Like the Crossbreed

Between the wife and I, we have 4 of them. Very comfortable and who says you cannot open carry in one? It has good retention, great comfort, the ability to adjust the cant for your draw preference. There could be better out there but I stopped looking when I got my first Crossbreed. It is my first choice for all carry, open or concealed.

REALteach4u

I've had several and there's a huge difference between the Crossbreed and everything else out there. My wife and I love our Crossbreeds and I've had the chance to try someone's Kholster, so let me throw the 2 main makers under the bus for a moment.

Crossbreed, has a great product with horsehide option. If you abide by the 2 week trial and wear it daily you shouldn't be disappointed, most aren't. If you are simply send it back. They take good care of their customers and if they can custom make one for you they will. If they cannot make a certain model they'll tell you. You are limited on how you can position the holster, but that should be a non-issue.

Kholster also has a great product and he also takes good care of their customers. Their trial period and warranty are also great. Theirs might appear at first glance to be a garage build that you could do at home and someone just might be able to. Understand that the Kholster gives a bit more flexibility on cant with the clips than the Crossbreed, but in my experience the leather isn't for me as I prefer something a bit more ridgid.

If it hadn't been for Crossbreed losing the patent infringement lawsuit no other variations would exist today and there's a lot of variations by different manufacturers at this point. Heck, Galco has even jumped on this boat.

Last edited:

snatale42

I've got both a Crossbreed and a couple Kholsters, I also prefer the Kholster for many reasons

1. Half the price of Crossbreed
2. Usually less than half the wait time
3. The cant / ride height is WAY more adjustable. Also has inner adjustment holes which would come in handy if your skinny and the holster is too wide.
4. Kydex is a little thicker, haven't heard near as many crack complaints from Kholster owners as Crossbreed.
5. Thicker metal belt clips that aren't branded with advertising like Crossbreed.
6. Double washers to help eliminate squeaking between the clips and the leather.

Some people don't like the fact that Kholster's come in a natural finish, I do. It lets me customize them either by dyeing, staining or just a leather protectant. But thats me. They both have the same feel on the back. Both come with lifetime warranties. Only thing CBST has that Kholster doesn't offer is the combat cut, and horsehide option. IMO if you don't want one of those options, why pay double the money and wait twice as long?

Attachments

• IMG_9159.JPG
    IMG_9159.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_9219.jpg
    IMG_9219.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_9166.jpg
    IMG_9166.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have a Crossbreed for my FNP-40. It is the only IWB holster that makes me feel like I am carrying nothing. I can wear it all day long and it is still comfortable at the end of the day.

Damiansar-15

Don't buy copies

Those are fine choices, but I would go with the real deal, e.g. comp-tac... I think when conducting a dimensional analysis on holsters, you not only have to look at comfort but fit/finish are also elements of quality/value to consider. Side by side comparison of IWC comp-tac and crossbreed holsters and there is a big difference in quality and options. Comp-tac also ships a lot faster than other companies and customer service it top shelf. I can't bring myself to wait weeks for gear, when I can something within days...

Good Luck...

Super Trucker

I 100% agree. I know this is an OC board. But if you are looking to conceal there is literally NOTHING better than cross bread.

Oh and BTW the belt means a lot, and I bought mine from crossbreed because it's thick and strong as hell, and it holds the same guarantee as every one of their products do. For life. Now THAT'S a guarantee.

Want to bet on that?

What other holsters have you compared to make this statement?

Last edited: