• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arguing citizen rights in regards to Church carry

M

McX

'scuze me waitress, my cheeseburger has a turd in it. visited by the left today, in regards to tonight; they came clutching a copy of the current laws, oblivious as to what is about to occur, that or concealing it. the left is playing dirty. tonight should be interesting. i plan to give my data, thank them for their consideration, and bug out. i will not engage anyone on their ground, good opportunity to be innocent of instigation. wish me luck.

XDFDE45

'scuze me waitress, my cheeseburger has a turd in it. visited by the left today, in regards to tonight; they came clutching a copy of the current laws, oblivious as to what is about to occur, that or concealing it. the left is playing dirty. tonight should be interesting. i plan to give my data, thank them for their consideration, and bug out. i will not engage anyone on their ground, good opportunity to be innocent of instigation. wish me luck.
Better tactic is to calmly shoot down the left's arguments with facts and then watch the veins in the temples start bulging
smileyvault-stirthepot.gif

cleveland

I truly do wish you luck.

When you get upset that they are not listening to reason, ask yourself if that is truly the group of people you wish to worship with. Then wish them well.

M

McX

ok, i'm back. they were nice, i was nice; told them i was from wisconsin carry, presented the card, and my shop card, there were like 8 people there. gave them my handouts and said; i understand the Church is going to set a firearms policy, i'd like you to consider this information; gave them the handouts. i yanked, and gave them stuff hot off the presses, gave them some nice graphy type pics, asked them to make the right choice, and left. first time i ever did that. scarey. before i left, i rested my hand, on the handouts, and said; this is the new law. i think they were impressed there was someone out there that actually knew.

M

McX

i got word back, they decided...................not to decide. which works for me. whew, thought i would have to call on the brothers to picket my own Church!

eventually when this winds down a bit, and the permit dust settles, i'll invite a few of you citizens to join me for serivce(s), once they institute the summer Sat. evening service. we'll all have to watch each other, to see if God smotes any of us down.

M

McX

something just dawned on me; to go to Church, for the reasons i cant, l will have to buy a permit.........to go to Church. Jesus know about this?!

littlewolf

McX,
Hve you looked into the Church of the Great Outdoors?

Cant think of too many members that are not armed in some way (rifle,pistol or bow).
Dont have to look very far to see the Beauty of The Great Spirit's work.
Farther in (the woods) ya go it usually more peaceful.

LR Yote

Amen brother and they don't beg for money ! What does God do with all that cash ?
P.S.
Yes, I believe in God,just not organized religions.

Last edited:
M

McX

the Clergy is apparently having problems defining, and respecting the boundaries of: Defenders of The Faith, and Defenders of your Rights.[/QUOTE
]Our pastor has even attacked the 2A in our monthly newsletter... Presbyterian in case anybody wonders.

Dave, looks like were going to have to start going to Church together huh? safety in number(?!), Missouri Synod Lutheran here. for what it's worth.

add ins; so much for separation of Church and State.

Last edited:

cleveland

i'll invite a few of you citizens to join me for serivce(s), once they institute the summer Sat. evening service. we'll all have to watch each other, to see if God smotes any of us down.

I snorted a little coffee through my nose laughing at that comment. Thanks! LOL!

looks like were going to have to start going to Church together huh? safety in number(?!)

In was telling my wife about this thread and she suggested starting, The Church of God and Guns, defenders of faith and individual rights! LOL!

M

McX

one thing is certain, this is going to be an uphill battle for me, and probably at one point for Dave. i hope your endeavors in your Churches go better. apparently some places, some people dont recognize your steeeeeeenkin permit.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Amen brother and they don't beg for money ! What does God do with all that cash ?
P.S.
Yes, I believe in God,just not organized religions.

Howdy Folks!
Let us consider a few things together:
Jesus said "The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you, not in mansions of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood and I am there

Acts 7:49
Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Acts 17:
24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

In this, I see that we need not a church for worship. We need not gather at a specific place, or specific building, or specific time.

I have felt more profoundly the presence of Deity in a backcountry wilderness or mountain top at sunrise than any church, temple or cathedral men have made. In the quiet murmer of a forest stream, in the gentle wind stirring the golden leaves of an aspen grove, in the immense display of stars at night far from the city, there I draw close to the infinite.

Too much do we rely upon some ancient text scribed, copied and rewritten over many centuries to learn the gospel that God Himself crafted into the very fabric of creation. His testament is manifested and imprinted through his own work found in nature that he crafted. We rely on what some minister may tell us, when we can be still and listen to that inner voice that indwells each of us. We look outward for Deity, when in fact, it is within us from the start. Why then have we need of anything but the direct contact with the divine spirit? If that which you seek, be not found within you, where else may you look? Behold, I stand at the door and knock. What door is meant?

I don't mean to be preachy here. Just trying to offer an insight that might be considered here. I've said before I ain't a church going guy. I don't sit at the feet of some evangelist hoping to receive divine inspiration. I go to the source of all things, and there I learn what I need to know. If I dwell in Him and He in me, what need have I for another man to show me the path I must go?

Sorry if I'm onto a soapbox here, but I feel your pain, and affirm to you that it is unnecessary. Another man to preach won't help. Another house to worship is not going to grant salvation. Jesus went into the wilderness. Why? Because he knew that the gospel is written by the hand of God and sewn throughout his creation.

And you may open carry, won't need a recording device (unless you wish to bring one), and won't be unwelcome under the Cathedral of Stars!

Hope this helps to provide a diferent perspective.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:
M

McX

i will not quote the Bible to them, as that is their realm, i will quote the Law, and yon steeeeeenkin permit to them, as that is my realm.

M-Taliesin

i will not quote the Bible to them, as that is their realm, i will quote the Law, and yon steeeeeenkin permit to them, as that is my realm.

Howdy Amigo!
I wasn't suggesting that you do. Never said anything of the kind.
I ain't suggesting that quoting law is helpful either.

My point was much different.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin