• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting (non) event at Guilford Wendys

Riverdance

OC until it's common and normal

Wow, that's disturbing. I only get to CT about twice a year, and have undoubtedly been lucky not to have been challenged for open carrying, which I do universally just like at home.

As long as all you Connecticut OC'ers continue with such fortitude, determination, and courage, the barrier will eventually be breached and guns will be normalized in Connecticut society again, as they are in other states.

Rich B

FOI request sent

http://withregardstorights.com/post/2011/06/25/FOI-request-sent-to-Guilford-about-(non)-incident-at-Wendys.aspx said:
A FOI request was sent to Guilford regarding the non incident I reported on a short while ago.

Figure this can go one of two ways:

1) Either there will be no reports of anyone contacting the police.

2) There was a report to the police who invesitgated and found no reason to interfere.

Either way, I consider it a win for rights in Guilford. Either citizens just don't care about people openly carrying firearms, or the police understand the proper way to investigate and don't feel obligated to detain someone just because that person has a firearm on them.

FOI Request

Response to be posted shortly.

Rich B

Guilford's response to FOI request

http://withregardstorights.com/post/2011/06/28/Response-received-from-Guilford-(non)-event-FOI-request.aspx said:
I have received the response in writing from the Guilford Police Department regarding the (non) event I experienced at the Wendys in Guilford.

This response confirms to me that nobody in the restaurant that day was alarmed enough or even considered it abnormal enough to report my open carrying to the police officer while he stood maybe 10 feet away from me.

FOI response

Looks like it really was a non issue. OC must be getting more normalized.

Last edited: