Thread: RadioShack- Anti Gun

RadioShack- Anti Gun

Ok, this is the first time I,ve been ask to remove my Side Arm from the store, an I did. As well as my Body, an my MONEY..

Here's what happen. A few days ago I went Window shopping for a new Digital Voice Recorder, an found one I really liked at RadioShack. As it would happen the Manager was helping me, But I didn't buy it then because I wanted to check out one more spot.

Sooo after Giveing Paul my Older Recorder too down load an Post for me at Lizzy's Friday night I decided to buy the one at RadioShack. Being that I had nothing going on Saturday Morning I shot up too RadioShack.

Now, I no sooner got Four Feet inside the Store when the Little nasty of a Grome of a Manager [Paul] comes strutting out from behind the counter an Bold as all Hell sayes, YOU cann't come in here with THAT!!

I then ask him if it was a Corp Policy ?? an he pulled himself up to his total 4''11 height an said, yes.. Ask me if I would Like to see it, does a quick 180 turn, duck's into the back room an is back before I could even think of Farting.

I look it over, an it stated unless i'm a leo they don't want me in there. I ask for a copy of it, he said no. I then ask why they don't have a sign in the Window, an He said they don't have too.

Paul wouldn't give me any names, or phone numbers, said he didn't have too. Dumb @#$

I Made some call's, DistManager is Greg Poplawski, 1-877-668-2174, an Bonnie is his sect. Still working on an E-Mail Address. I won't be able to follow up more on this till thursday, next day off...

Reading this made my head hurt!

Sounds like short man's complex.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    did he have a mullet
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

I think the reason for the post is a pepper campaign against Radioshack
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

I think you should wait to see if range rat gets any response from Radio Shack corporate.

As with many cases of this type, it turns out that either the corporate police is to follow state law or there is just no policy (and the company generally doesn't care about customer carry), and it is a rogue manager on a power trip.

I tend to think this is true with Radio Shack, as I have openly carried in several stores in Middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky over the last couple years without incident.

You need to move up here by me R.R. ! no problems anywhere. lol
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Been to numerous Radio Shacks and always OCing.

Never had a problem, not once.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Milwaukee area has it's own breed, that's for sure. Which one did you go into?

Wow, with how poorly radio shack has done the last few years I'd say they can't afford to turn away any customers. Considering they are based (or were) out of Dallas Texas I have a hard time believing this is a corporate policy. I know best buy in Janesville has no problem with me carrying...they sell plenty of voice recorders!

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    did he have a mullet
    Probably not, the typical RS manager I've seen can't grow enough hair for a mullet.

Was this a corporate store, or a franchisee?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    I think the reason for the post is a pepper campaign against Radioshack
    I am ready and willing... Just say the word.

Quote Originally Posted by kawisixer01 View Post
    Wow, with how poorly radio shack has done the last few years I'd say they can't afford to turn away any customers. Considering they are based (or were) out of Dallas Texas I have a hard time believing this is a corporate policy. I know best buy in Janesville has no problem with me carrying...they sell plenty of voice recorders!
    Yup, I purchased my nice shiny new Sony from Best Buy. Works great.

Edit: Actually stood in the middle of the store for over an hour talking with two other Open Carriers that I ran into in the store. We were asked politely, several times, by different individuals, if there was anything they could do for us or if we needed anything. They were very polite and so were we. This was the Onalaska Best Buy. I highly recommend them.
    Last edited by hardballer; 06-06-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

So he was OK with you being there the first time, but when you came back to spend money he told you to leave??

As for signage, once SB93 passes yes they will have to.
    But nobody tell them that.

I've OCd in a couple RS stores in the MKE area with no problems.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-06-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.